Halle - 17 October 1806
Because of Dupont’s success in capturing the bridges over the Saale in the morning, the French quickly occupied the town of Halle. Bernadotte, now called a halt to the advance to wait for the rest of his corps to come up. Eugene’s Prussians, deployed to the south east of Halle, were now in an awkward position. Dupont’s division in Halle threatened to cut the Prussian line of retreat to the north, and another of Bernadotte’s divisions was arriving to extend the French line. Instead of retreating east out of harm’s way, Eugene clung to the original plan of retreating northward.
Unfortunately this meant the Prussians were at their most vulnerable as they retreated past Halle with two French divisions on their flank. Once both French divisions were formed, Bernadotte attacked. In short order the French tore through the cavalry in the center of the Prussian column, scattering survivors to the north and south. The last intact Prussian field force was no more.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. Can you change history?
• Commander: Eugene
• 4 Command Cards & no Iron Will Counters
• Optional 2 Tactician Cards
• Commander: Bernadotte
• 5 Command Cards
• Optional 4 Tactician Cards
• Move First
• The Prussian player gains 1 Victory Banner for each Prussian unit that exits the battlefield from one of the four French baseline exit hexes as indicated.
• The Saale is fordable (Both river rows are part of the "Saale" river and fordable).
• The Funckengarten is a walled garden.