Prenzlau - 28 October 1806
As the Prussian army fled north and east, Murat was hot on the heels of Prince Hohenlohe’s corps. After a brief clash at Boitzenburg, while in search of supplies, Hoenlohe continued to march toward Prenzlau, with orders to move through the city when he arrived. The Prussians were strung out along the Schönermark road when Murat launched his attack. Lasalle led the charge against the Prussian Grenadiers at the Berlin road entrance to the city. At the same time, Murat sent Beaumont to circle left to catch the end of the Prussian column, while Boussart moved against the center. The French cavalry was upon the Prussians so quickly, that the rear guard was destroyed, and the Prussian column was split in two. Only the very head of the column managed to flee through the city. Demanding surrender, Murat deceived Hohenlohe into believing that Lannes’ Corps was in position to block any further Prussian retreat. Exhausted and demoralized, Hohenlohe requested terms and surrendered his entire corps.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. Can you change history?
• Commander: Prince Hohenlohe
• 5 Command Cards & 2 Iron Will Counters
• Optional 3 Tactician Cards
• Commander: Murat
• 5 Command Cards
• Optional 5 Tactician Cards
• Move First
• The Prussian player gains 1 Victory Banner for each Prussian unit that exits the battlefield from the Prussian baseline exit hex as indicated.
• The French win a Sudden Death Victory, if a French unit occupies the Prussian baseline exit hex at the start of its turn.