Victory Results:
 17 %
Record a victory for BOTTOM ARMY  83 %
Total plays 30 - Last reported by Jamon79 on 2024-02-17 02:20:22

Zehdenick - 26 October 1806

Historical Background
During the Prussian retreat after the twin disasters of Jena and Auerstadt, Lasalle’s French light cavalry division overtook Schimmelpfennig’s Prussian cavalry just outside of Zehdenick.
The Prussian light cavalry charged home against Lasalle’s hussars and were holding their own until Grouchy’s dragoons arrived.
The cavalry skirmish escalated, as additional troops from both sides joined the fight. With his Königin Dragoons nearly wiped out, Schimmelpfennig ordered his Prussian cavalry to retire.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. Can you change history?

Set-Up Order

Forest 12
Town 1

Battle Notes

Prussian Army
• Commander: Schimmelpfennig
• 4 Command Cards & 2 Iron Will Counters
• Optional 2 Tactician Cards
• Move First*
*Each player rolls 4 dice. The player rolling the most sabers will move first.

Light Infantry Light Cavalry Heavy Cavalry Horse Artillery Leader
1 3 3 1 3

French Army
• Commander: Lasalle
• 4 Command Cards
• Optional 4 Tactician Cards
• Move First*
*Each player rolls 4 dice. The player rolling the most sabers will move first.

Light Cavalry Heavy Cavalry Horse Artillery Leader
3 6 1 3

Victory
4 Banners

Special Rules
none

kostas63 replied the topic:
3 years 6 months ago
Vittoria Francese 4-2. Battagglia rapida e prevedibile. All'inizio si scontra la cavalleria leggera di entrambe le parti. I francesi eliminano del tutto gli avversari ma devono retrocedere a causa delle perdite subite. I prussiani piazzano l'unica unità di fanteria presente a Wesendorf e da lì danno del filo da torcere ai dragoni francesi che si stanno avvicinando. Grouchy perde la vita prorpio a causa loro. I dragoni prussiani giungono nei pressi del villaggio e si scontrano coi loro omonimi francesi. Dopo un iniziale successo la cavalleria pesante prussiana viene sopraffatta dalla superiorità numerica francese.
LARS replied the topic:
3 years 7 months ago
A surprising win by the Prussians 4-3. The Prussians moved first and attacked with their lights and horse artillery, killing a unit and Lasalle. The French counterattack was lackluster, but still destroyed the unit Schimmelpfenning was commanding forcing him to make an emergency escape. He personally took command of the horse artillery and conducted a melee with a damaged French heavy, eliminating it for the win. It took all of three cards per side to complete the scenario.
Hexagoon replied the topic:
3 years 8 months ago
Played twice, French win 4-0 and 4-1 even when the Prussians played first on both occasions and had good cards. This is very unbalanced and the previous suggestion of reducing the size of the French units is a good one. Having played this I wouldn't return to it.
NightOwl3 replied the topic:
3 years 8 months ago
French win 4-1.
Mark-McG replied the topic:
4 years 3 months ago
played this reducing all the French cavalry down to 3 strength. Prussians won 4-2
still plays very quickly, but that is cavalry clashes
Mark-McG replied the topic:
4 years 10 months ago
Much like other cavalry scenarios, I expect balance would be improved by reducing the French cavalry to 3 blocks, and using a reduced 50 Card Command Deck
www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/fo...rd-command-deck.html
Bayernkini replied the topic:
9 years 8 months ago
And another 4 VP Scenario, which was ended after a few turns :unsure:

And the big advantage of 36 block french CAV against 18 block prussian....

I hope not, but i fear, this is will be another outbalanced scenario....

Also if the prussian may start and hold the CAV Charge, they have the higher risk

General, i don´t like much such 4VP scenarios, but if, they should have nearly same Units/Blocks on both sides