MD19 La Rothière - 1st February 1814
The Battle of La Rothière was fought on 1 February 1814 between the French Empire
and allied army of Austria, Prussia, Russia, and German States previously allies with France.
The French were led by Emperor Napoleon and the coalition army was under the command of
Gebhard Leberecht von Blücher. Attacked by a large force in severe weather conditions (wet snowstorm),
the French managed to hold until they could retreat under cover of darkness. Multinational coalition
forces used white shoulder bands to distinguish friends from foes during the battle.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. Can you change history?
• Commander: Blücher / de Tolly
• The Prussian units represent the Bavarian and Württemberg Allies. The prussian rules apply, except they get no Iron Will counters
• 5 Command Cards (no Iron Will counters)
• (Optional 5 Tactician Cards)
• Move First
• Commander: Napoleon
• (Optional 6 Tactician Cards)
• 6 Command Cards
• Napoleon, Nansouty, de Tolly and Sacken are Leader of Honor
• Pre-Battle Mother Russia Roll (5 dice for Russian units) is in effect. Saber and CAV rolls have no effect
• The River Aube is impassable, except on the bridges
• The Stream is fordable
• French line infantry units are conscripts and do not receive one additional die in melee when attacking an enemy infantry unit
• The 4 marked town hexes (La Giberie, Petit-Mesnil, La Rothière and Dienville) are a Temporary Majority Victory Banner at turn start, worth 2 banners for the French
• Each of the 4 marked town hexes are a single Temporary Victory Banner at turn start for the the Allies