Schleiz - 9 October 1806
In the first clash of the Fourth Coalition, Bernadotte, at the head of Napoleon’s center column, moved against Tauentzien’s Prussian/Saxon division near the village of Schleiz. Tauentzien, realizing that the French were advancing in strength, sent Bila’s troops forward to slow the French advance, while he waited for reinforcements or orders to retreat. Bernadotte did not wait, but swiftly issued orders of his own. Soon Werle’s advance guard moved against the Oschitz Woods, while Drouet attacked Schleiz.
Murat’s cavalry reserve was to support the advance, although the countryside was not really suited for mounted troop action. By early afternoon the French could not be stopped and Tauentzien decided to fall back to Auma in an attempt to maintain a link with his outlying commands. The retreat came too late to save one Prussian battalion. Isolated by the French advance, most of the battalion was captured.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. Can you change history?
• Commander: Tauentzien
• 4 Command Cards and 3 Iron Will Counters
• Optional 3 Tactician Cards
• Commander: Bernadotte
• 5 Command Cards
• Optional 4 Tactician Cards
• Move First
• The Prussian player receives 1 Victory Banner for every 2 Prussian units that exit the battlefield from any hex on the Prussian baseline.
• The French player gains 1 Temporary Victory Banner at the start of the turn when no Prussian units occupy any of the 7 Oschitz Wood (Prussian left section) hexes. As long as a Prussian unit does not occupied any of these hexes, the Victory Banner is retained (Temporary Victory Banner Turn Start)
• The French player gains 1 Temporary Victory Banner at the start of the turn for each town hex of Schleiz occupied (Temporary Victory Banner Turn Start)