MT01 Philadelphia campaign

More
3 years 6 months ago #417 by mirkobruner
Next Tournament would be possible to exclude them? Just saying.

Please Luck, Be Gentle With Me Dice. Forward!
Mi®ko.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #419 by gotigerssc
Round 3 Brandywine (Knyphausen's Attack)

Continental charlescab 3 banners 29 blocks lost

British gotigerssc 7 banners 6 blocks lost

The British made a strong push in the middle on the backs of Knyphausen and a ranger unit, causing complications for the American exit. Knyphausen's unit was down to one figure but somehow managed to stay alive through several attacks. On one of the last turns it used a bayonet attack to destroy an artillery unit on the first order and a infantry unit (next up to exit) with the bonus melee. The rangers nearly took a third on the same turn. I was fortunate that the cards were not there for the Americans this time around. Best of luck to Charles in his remaining matches!

File Attachment:

File Name: Knyphausen...ack.vlog
File Size:47 KB
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by gotigerssc. Reason: Figure count

More
3 years 6 months ago #420 by mk20336
Replied by mk20336 on topic MT01 Philadelphia campaign
Round 1, 102 Brandywine - Washington's Attack (11 September 1777)

mk20336 (Continentals) - 6 banners, 21 blocks lost
renaud verlaque (British) - 3 banner, 20 blocks lost

Rarely ever I can claim that the game was crazy. But that one was. Continentals initially concentrated their attacks in center, getting rid of heavy art and one infantry. The slow progress forward of Washington forces then ensued, reaching it peak at the moment they were occupying 3 hill behind the river. Just survive till end of your turn and the game is over.

And then the disaster struck. A single charge of unsupported, not-lead (no leader) Highlander killed two regular, full strength units, each of them with leader! One in fight (4 hits on 4 dice), the other on rally check (zero flags on 6d). 3 VPs were lost and the game was to square one.

(Un)Fortunately, the continental counter-attack in last two turns was successful, and rally checks really failed British than.

One of my most thrilling Tricorne games so far!

File Attachment:

File Name: Round1_log.vlog
File Size:69 KB

More
3 years 6 months ago #421 by rjvonline
It was a fun game, but frustrating too. The Continental line ignored many flags and was close to winning, but my Highlander charge, part of an Inspired Leader action, saved me. However, another daring charge against 3 units (and a leader) of militia on the right flank failed to get a Continental rout going. The militia battle back failed to cause casualties, but did produce one flag. My unit being at full strength could have stayed where it was, but I chose to take the flag (5 dice rally roll) to avoid crossed sabers on a melee counter-attack, forgetting that militia can't hit on sabers in melee! I rolled my 5 dice and... the rest is history. Bravo to Michal, and thanks to him for patiently correcting my rule mistakes.

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #423 by Mark-McG
Replied by Mark-McG on topic MT01 Philadelphia campaign
Round 2 Brandywine-British Flank Attack (11 September 1777)

Gonzo (Continentals) - 4 banners, 18 blocks lost
Mark McG (British) - 7 banners, 21 blocks lost

Command cards didn't give the Brits many options except in their Right from the start, and whilst I had the Bayonet charge combat card, there wasn't many options to use that. First British move was to push the colonials out of the Meeting house, but I had nothing to follow up, and the German Jaegers took flight at the first shot, failing a 5d rally.

A Quick Step up the centre-left failed to dislodge the Continental Light in the woods, and moving the Heavy artillery up was met with a Line Volley that eliminated it. The Command situation was pretty grim for the Brits with 2 Attack Right, 2 Line Volley and a Bayonet Charge (but little in range). Line volleying 2 units to finish off the Continental Light gave me a little pleasure.

The Brits then started maneuvering on the right, as the cards intended it seemed, and moving the guards up to charge range of Sullivan simply pushed Sullivan back. So the right then advanced towards the end of the hill, firing off a Line volley to soften the target. The Continentals Rallied straight back up. With 2 Bayonet charges in hand, and a Right card, I threw caution to the wind the Guards and German Grenadiers charged. Even facing First Strike, they still managed to eliminate 1 Regular. Lord Stirling inspired his men for a nasty response, eliminating one guard, but the 2nd Bayonet charge did the trick, Agnew's grenadiers went up the hill, the German grenadiers attacked, but the star was Cornwallis and the guard, who rolled 4 INF on 5 dice to eliminate a full strength Regular, advance onto the hill and take Stirling prisoner. With 4 units killed, the meeting house banner and 2 hills, the Continentals had to take one of those back, and they didn't, though they did finish off the poor German Grenadiers.

A hard scenario for the Continentals.

File Attachment:

File Name: 103vsJoe.vlog
File Size:46 KB
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Mark-McG. Reason: adding logfile

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #424 by Mark-McG
Round 1, 102 Brandywine - Washington's Attack (11 September 1777)

GregO (Continentals) - 1 banners, 25 blocks lost
Mark McG (British) - 6 banners, 7 blocks lost

Gave Greg a smashing in this one, though I have to say at the time I seemed to be on the edge of defeat much of the time, and was constantly pushing him out of Victory locations over and over. However, as they say, defeat the army and the geography is yours, so I very much concentrated on destruction of the Continental Army, especially those across the river.

The best move I made was the first, which joined the left flank to the centre. From there on I was mostly able to maintain a continuous line, and this help get the most out of two Line volleys, and a Line Command. Greg pulled back on his Right, which gave me some insight into his plans, and a breathing space, though later those fellas came back Quick Stepping. The big struggle was in the centre, and I let him have his way on my Right until the last few turns. Heavy artillery seems to act as a bullet magnet for me, and they suffered from the outset, so were replaced by my Line of British redcoats volleying into the river valley.

some weird runs of die, at one point it seemed like ART was on the die faces twice, not flags. Then it was INF, to my benefit. Very few units lost to failure to rally, one, maybe two. Otherwise it was good, honest musketry.

Greg's logfile

File Attachment:

File Name: MarkvGreglog.vlog
File Size:54 KB
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Mark-McG. Reason: spelling

More
3 years 6 months ago #425 by mk20336
Replied by mk20336 on topic MT01 Philadelphia campaign
We play 007 Monmouth with JR today and it seems
Vassal has an error - missing Light British on British right.

More
3 years 6 months ago #426 by Mark-McG
damn.. your right!

File Attachment:

File Name: B07Monmout...778.vsav
File Size:17 KB

updated Scenario file.. I'll integrate it into the module next chance.
I had to update the other Base scenarios for v1.33, so I'll do a QA on them, but if someone else could also, that would be helpful. Nothing like a 2nd set of eyes

More
3 years 6 months ago #427 by gotigerssc
We played this yesterday and noticed a couple of other things. The light rifle at the front of the continental left should start in the forest but instead is in a hex adjacent to it. Also, the leader in the center is labeled as Lee instead of Arnold. We appreciate the work you do on these, Mark!

More
3 years 6 months ago #428 by rfdoane
Replied by rfdoane on topic MT01 Philadelphia campaign

Mark McG wrote: I had to update the other Base scenarios for v1.33, so I'll do a QA on them, but if someone else could also, that would be helpful. Nothing like a 2nd set of eyes

I played the Bunker Hill scenario last night and noticed that Stark is missing from the American setup.

Time to create page: 1.289 seconds