The CACCN Tournament 2016

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #3406 by campsawyer
Vince,

When you download the file, check the name. If it has the name WayneTony_Eggmuhl.zip, change it to WayneTony_Eggmuhl.log. Then follow my instructions from the prior post.

www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/fo...6.html?start=40#3376
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by campsawyer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #3407 by tlangston28
Thanks, Alan. At that point I was thinking strictly banners - It was funny as my starting hand was Probe Center, Probe Left Flank, Bombard and Bayonet Charge and I thought "Great, I have the only units that move 1 on a charge!"

More
8 years 1 month ago #3408 by campsawyer
Tony, I understand about fighting with the Austrians. They are a bit tricky and you definitely need to have the right cards with them.

More
8 years 1 month ago #3409 by tlangston28
Standings table after 3 games:
PlayerGBFBADIFWINS
Tony Reynolds32411+133
Vince Hughes32314+92
Alan Theobald31815+32
Alan Sawyer31321-81
Wayne Baumber31621-51
Tony Langston31224-120

Tie breakers: Vince H. above Alan T. on banner count as they have not played each other yet. Alan S. above Wayne B. since Alan S. won their head-to-head match-up.

More
8 years 1 month ago #3414 by FrenchricusRex
Sorry if I am not going about this correctly, I'm new here. But is there a way I can get in on this tournament? Am I too late? Should I just wait for tournament sign-ups in the Games and Tournaments forum?

"Rogues, would you live forever?"
"If my soldiers were to begin to think, not one would remain in the ranks." ~Friedrich II

More
8 years 1 month ago #3415 by TheMP
Replied by TheMP on topic The CACCN Tournament 2016
Rex,
Absolutely no problems with asking and I hope you can look out for us when we start up a 2nd 'season'. Unfortunately its well under way now. It will be up for a new sign up in October. Its a bit different to the 'MT' tournaments you see here with the more experienced boarders. Ours has a set schedule list of just a game a month so as not to to put time pressure on those that can not keep up with more intense numbers of playings and instead of using the messenger on the C&C VASSAL we all Skype each other (no need for a camera its just talk that is required and its free) so as to talk during the game. We find it easier, friendlier and faster that way. There is already at least one other waiting to join next time, so if you do join us, that will make 8 for the 2nd season. Hopefully you'll still be around.

That said Rex, if you wish to join us for non-league games on Skype we still do that as well. You can contact me at:
hughesvince69 AT yahoo DOT com if you'd like to get involved and I will give you details of others. We are made up of UK & Europe and USA, so a mixed bunch and time zone group.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FrenchricusRex

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #3431 by campsawyer
Here is the log file for the Waterloo game with Vince and Alan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tlangston28, wayneb

More
8 years 3 weeks ago #3432 by TheMP
Replied by TheMP on topic The CACCN Tournament 2016
Only a quick report as the log file showed all.
As the French I concentrated on re-shifting my forces at start for developing strength in the areas I wanted to attack. I was blessed by receiving cards I wanted in general, but then again I suppose much of these would come as I slowly built up and discarded the other cards. The attack was mainly built on developing a spiky looking artillery front. Massing infantry on the right for a surge against Pappelotte and using French cavalry to cause some disturbances on the Allied centre-right. All in all it worked well BUT how well that would have done had an Allied 6 dice roll Rally Card not produced zero units to move, or a Grenadier guards 6 dice fire roll not miss instead of 3 flags and 1 hit remains something that can only be mused? The game finished a flattering 8-1 which for my league campaign is very useful. It remains to see the other games to witness how things turn out elsewhere.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago - 8 years 2 weeks ago #3443 by wayneb
Replied by wayneb on topic The CACCN Tournament 2016
Dispatch from the French, after their close win on the bloody fields of Waterloo.

As the French commander I think that any attack on the flank Hougomount is only going to lead to heavy losses, so I was determined to concentrate on the Allied left and center, however the cards did not fall as well as I liked in my initial hand. However I kept to my initial plan launching probes against Papelotte, this resulted in the destruction of the garrisoning unit and its capture by the YG. The YG however were exposed and without support so began to move units on my left in order to hold Alan,s attention away from them., there now followed a lull in the battle which suddenly ended when Cavalry battle began, I was lucky to get the better of it using a first strike card and getting better battle rolls. At this stage the French were well ahead in banners but had a few weak units and my cards were not the one I wanted. The Allied forces then launched a counter attack around Hougomount which resulted in more losses for the French and forced me to use the Elan card early than I wanted. I needed a good mix of units to be helped by the Elan card but alas not one artillery die. However I had made room in my hand now for more attacks on the Allies weak flank and I launched my final attack though I had to use the YG garrisoning Papelotte to do so. I destroyed two British units but was still one shotr for victory, the Allies forces kept up their attack on the other flank, which caused me a very anxious moment, but I managed to move the YG back into the village for what I thought was a hard but well earned victory. (8-7). Looking forward to the return match
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by wayneb. Reason: Error

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #3448 by AlanTheo
Replied by AlanTheo on topic The CACCN Tournament 2016

File Attachment:

File Name: WayneAlan.vlog
File Size:63 KB

Attached file of the Wayne/ Alan Waterloo Battle .
A very close encounter indeed.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.788 seconds