Intercontinental Tournament 2023

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #8790 by stephent
Ah, I was entering from Articles -> Tournaments, not from Forum. Will up-load now, thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #8791 by stephent

File Attachment:

File Name: R2G1_Ligny.vlog
File Size:2,999 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: R2G2_Ligny.vlog
File Size:3,709 KB

More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #8798 by GomJabbar
Ben,

Note that in my Round 2 Game 1 vs jrtracy I should only have 6 banners, not 8 in the results table. This may be because JR likely first reported me having 8 banners, but on review of the game I noticed that I made a big blunder and moved 1 unit too many off an objective hex and lost majority just before JR got the 11th banner (yes, JR won the game without having majority of objectives, quite the bloodbath for the Prussians). That means JR should have the 2 points and I get 1 point for the round.

Thanks,
BradJ (aka GomJabbar)

File Attachment:

File Name: R2G1.vlog
File Size:3,736 KB
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by GomJabbar.

More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #8802 by theimann
Ligny-16 June 1815, Game 2

Allies: player name: theimann (Tom)
French: Player name: pdowd (Patrick)
Winner: Tom (Allies)
Score:11-6

The Allies hung on and were able to rally and even go on the offensive in the final stage of the battle.
  adding map
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by theimann. Reason: adding map

More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #8812 by rjvonline
Renaud (rjvonline) vs John (EZpickins)

Game 1 - Renaud (Prussian) 11 John (French) 7 (or 6, actual score lost due to failing memory...)

A tighter game than the score suggests as John was scoring 3 VPs for locations, but then lost the majority and Renaud got majority very late in the game thanks to a retreat into La-Haye. Sorry to say that the rest of the details is also lost due to failing memory and nowhere to be found log...

Game 2 - Renaud (French) 11 John (Prussian) 10

Another nail bitter. Most of the early action was on the French left and turned to Prussia's benefit despite a daring raid by the French LC that KO'ed the opposite Prussian LC on its rear line. The action then mostly shifted to the French right although there was still episodic firing action on the left. The French took the church and Ligny (with one of the Old Guard units, although the other got pounded into oblivion). A last counter-attack by the Prussians with Forward nearly nabbed the French artillery on the left with a HC attack (artillery lost 2 blocks, from 3), but a double attack by Prussian lancers on Pecheux's full-strength LT only killed 2 blocks, and a brave Reserve Infantry attack on the Old Guard in Ligny only eliminated 1 block (for 2 losses in return). The Old Guard then proceeded to kill them in the next French turn for a hard-won 12-11 victory.
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by rjvonline.

More
11 months 1 week ago #8819 by Gonzo
Rd 2
Game 1
Gonzo (French) 11 banners
Mtmn Mark (Prussian) 3 banners

Game 2
Mtmn Mark (French) 2 banners
Gonzo (Prussian) 11 banners

More
11 months 1 week ago #8834 by Kandras78
418 Ligny (16 June 1815) [ICT2023 - Round Two - 1st game]
French(Cap) 9 vs Prussians(A) 11(2+9)
48 blocks lost vs 37

Prussians managed to keep all towns in spite of the heavy fire from the massed French artillery. French attack on St. Amand has been repelled (Infantry fights first followed by a First Strike). Gen. Lefol fell leading his troops. Prussian push on their right made good advance but lost momentum. The main thrust of the Guard led to heavy fighting. Gen. Jagow and Gen. Pecheux were killed. Before the inevitable breakthrough, a timely Prussian Bayonet Charge against the exposed flank of the French effort decided the day.

---

418 Ligny (16 June 1815) [ICT2023 - Round Two - 2nd game]
French(A) 7 vs Prussians(Cap) 11(2+9)
42 blocks lost vs 36

Initial French attack on the Left started out well taking the two towns and destroying a MI an FA and a LI. But the Prussians managed to recover and counter on that flank (Successful Prussian Rally + Leader Rally in the same turn). French were struggling to counter Prussian Cavalry shifting to this flank. (Failed Rally on 6d, 3x Prussian Cavalry Charges)

File Attachment:

File Name: Ligny2.vsav
File Size:837 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ligny1_end.vsav
File Size:834 KB

More
11 months 1 week ago #8851 by Burnabybob
Posting on behalf of Mike Stanley

Mike Stanley – French – 11 banners (winner)

Ben Turner – Allies (Prussians) – 9 banners

The French Took Command on the left flank, fired on the MI in La-Haye, and used the LC to take Wagnelee. The Prussians moved Forward, and the French Counter-Attacked, advancing on La-Haye, forcing the MI out and taking the town, with the half-formed idea of trying to gain a majority of the town, etc. hexes. However, both of us forgot about the garrison rule for much of the game, and this affected our approach to the conflict.

The next French turn was a Bayonet Charge. Pecheux on the right attacked the church, but Prussian Iron Will kept the RI in place. On the left, the attack was highly successful, reducing Tippelskirch’s LN to one block, eliminating a previously weakened MI, and reducing another MI to 2 blocks, although a double dose of Prussian Iron Will allowed it to remain in place.

Prussian Elan fired up an LC, Art, LN, and the RI in the church. Gerard’s LN went into square and bounced the Prussian LC., but was obliterated by the artillery attack, although Gerard escaped and joined the Young Guard. Some damage to the French occurred in the center and on the right, although the latter was mitigated by Battlefield Smoke.

A French Assault left + Cavalry Forward Tac allowed me to surround his LC, but it took all 3 of my units to take it out, and I missed the leader Tippelskirch.

A Prussian Attack Left saw 3 units attack the French LT & Pecheux – no hits, but each attack rolled a flag, all of which were ignored. The final attack was a melee, and the French BB killed a block and forced the Prussian RI to retreat out of the church 2 hexes to the board edge. AT THIS MOMENT I had killed 3 Prussians and he had killed 1 French, plus he still had 2 Banners from controlling town hexes. But things got murky here as we had forgotten the rule allowing us to leave garrisons.

The rest of the battle, turns 7 – 13, saw the French eliminate one Prussian unit each and every turn (except in turn 9 – two Prussians were eliminated.) Meanwhile the Prussians, in their turns 7-12, averaged eliminating 1 French unit every turn.

So my French turn 13 used Leadership and had the leader and LT in the church advance on the 1-block Prussian RI on the back rank and eliminates it for the 11th and winning banner. We determined that in the end the Prussians had in fact earned the 2 banners for the town objective majority to go with the 7 unit kills. It was close right up until the end. This was a really fun game with a worthy opponent."

More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #8852 by Burnabybob
Round 3 Matchups

Medellin - 106 (Spanish)

www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/ma...n-28-march-1809.html

Matchups

Joe Harrison Gonzoj@aol.com v. JR Tracy jrtracy@gmail.com

Brad Jessup brad.jessup@gmail.com v Renaud Verlaque. r_verlaque@hotmail.com

John Spicer johnhockey.spicer@btinternet.com v. Andras kopcsik.andras@yahoo.com

Samim Togan Alper togana@geoduvar.com v. Jim Fardette Jfardette@hotmail.com

Mark McG v. Mark Benson 

Eric Yorkston e.yorkston@gmail.com v. Mark Garavaglia mntman12@aol.com

Gabriel Hardy gabriel.hardy@googlemail.com v. Ben Turner bgabriel28@gmail.com

EZ Pickens ezpickins1993@comcast.net v. David Horts Gorriz davidhorts@gmail.com

Patrick Dowd dowdps@gmail.com v. Michael Stanley gamingwithmike@yahoo.com

Thomas Heimann theimann1972@gmail.com v. Stephen Thompson stephenthompson679@gmail.com

Daniel Milev milev.research@abv.bg v. Andrey (Gileforn) andrspb@yahoo.com
Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Mark-McG. Reason: remove email addresses

More
11 months 1 week ago - 11 months 1 week ago #8853 by scipio1zama
I am going to try to attach the logfile for the game write-up that Ben posted above on my behalf. Let's see if this works.

Mike Stanley (scipio1zama) 

File Attachment:

File Name: LignymkeFvBenA.vlog
File Size:3,365 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: LignymkeFvBenA.vlog
File Size:3,365 KB

OK, I don't know why the logfile posted twice...

Last edit: 11 months 1 week ago by scipio1zama.

Time to create page: 1.860 seconds