Open Tournament, Spring 2021

More
3 years 1 month ago #7080 by Burnabybob
Hi Everybody,

Seeking players for a CCN tournament starting in the Spring, 2021, using the base game and the rules and card decks from the Generals, Marshals and Tacticians expansion. Vassal (live) is the suggested platform for play. Players should be prepared to play at least two games per month. Duration of the tournament will depend on the number of participants. Please provide your information below.

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfdZfDY...viewform?usp=sf_link

Hope to see you on the battlefield!

Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #7081 by Mark-McG
can you tell us more about it? Is it the same scenario twice, against the same opponent in a month?
Is there a scenario list?

I have a mild reservation about putting my details on a Google doc, my SPAM radar starts pinging. I'm sure it is harmless, but there is that sort of hesitatiion.

Also, I presume you mean Northern hemisphere Spring..starting in April?

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #7082 by Burnabybob
A lot will depend on the number of players. But I was thinking an initial round robin, where opponents play the same scenario twice. Based on won-lost record (point differential as tie breaker), there would be a semifinal then a final. In the playoff rounds we could use total blocks destroyed as a further tie breaker, after point differential.

Not sure exactly which scenarios, but I thought I would choose some of the more balanced scenarios from the base game, such as Roica 1 and Vimiero. If people wanted to make suggestions from the other expansions, I would be happy to hear them. I would want to choose scenarios that are a bit shorter, though, with 5 or 6 flags.

Yes, I mean Northern hemisphere spring. 

Ben
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Burnabybob.

More
3 years 1 month ago #7083 by Mark-McG
so I hope you have seen this Open Tournament page
www.commandsandcolors.net/napoleonics/ar...pen-tournaments.html

the 2020 Open is in the Quarter Finals stage, and generally I am waiting until August because the Ancients Open just kicked off. However, if I'm not organising and there is sufficient interest, I welcome an extra pair of hands and something new. 

Anyone who can quote scenario names to me isn't a SPAM act, so I'll sign up!

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: ANDRE

More
3 years 1 month ago #7085 by toganalper
I am not sure if I understand correctly, why are we not making this tournament here in this platfrom why do we need to go to goggle ?. Also will this be a different organization , can we not make it under here and keep the data together with all the other tournaments. Additionally why not to make a mini rather then an open if it is going to be in round robin format.  The format you suggested fits nicely to the mini format. I believe we should stick to one Open a year scheduele.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ANDRE

More
3 years 1 month ago #7099 by g1ul10
Replied by g1ul10 on topic Open Tournament, Spring 2021
Hi Ben I'm interested. More tournaments are welcome! I second Togan's suggestion of using this site for the organization if it is ok for you. If we can keep all tournaments in one place they are easier to manage. Since we have another open tournament once a year, maybe you can invent some nice tag for your tournament, just to avoid confusion. I don't know... "The Spring Open"? Whatever you fancy.

BGG: g1ul10

More
3 years 1 month ago #7100 by Burnabybob
Sounds good. We need one more player in our Europe group, so if you want to join that would be great. What do I need to do to move the tournament onto this site? Will all the players need to create accounts?

More
3 years 1 month ago #7101 by g1ul10
Replied by g1ul10 on topic Open Tournament, Spring 2021
Sure, Europe group is perfect. Basically, the only thing you need to do to have the tournament here is starting a thread with the title of the tournament and yes, people need an account to post the results of their games.

BGG: g1ul10

More
3 years 1 month ago #7102 by Burnabybob
Did you provide your info in the google doc?

More
3 years 1 month ago #7103 by Burnabybob
I everybody, we have enough players and I need to set the schedule, so unfortunately I can't accept any more players. Thanks for your interest!

Time to create page: 1.308 seconds