OT2020 Round 1

More
3 years 7 months ago #6647 by gotigerssc
Replied by gotigerssc on topic OT2020 Round 1
Game 1
gotigerssc – French – 8 banners
jfardette – Allies - 3 banners

French cavalry won the day with very hot dice, which is the real story - French rolled hits and the Allies couldn't seem to get any. Fighting never reached the villages as the French pushed hard on the right and never advanced far in the center or left. Appreciate Jim showing me the ropes and being patient for my first game of Napoleonics.

File Attachment:

File Name: Dresden1.vlog
File Size:78 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #6658 by gotigerssc
Replied by gotigerssc on topic OT2020 Round 1
Game 2
jfardette – French – 4 banners
gotigerssc – Allies - 8 banners

Battle took place mostly in the center with the Austrians standing their ground. Intense fighting with each side exchanging blow after blow. Allies kept steady pressure on the French and was able to hang on for the win. It really came down to the Allies seemingly drawing just the right card when it was needed - and there were some good ones. Without those I would have been crushed in the center.

Again, a big thanks to Jim for being patient with me.

File Attachment:

File Name: Dresden2.vlog
File Size:88 KB

More
3 years 7 months ago #6659 by MjrCatastrophe
Replied by MjrCatastrophe on topic OT2020 Round 1
Game 1

MjrCatastrophe (French) 3 banners

Maxjoezach (Allies) 8 banners

The French made an opening cavalry charge on the French Right with some limited success securing two squares but at the cost of 2 Cavalry AND 2 Leaders due to lucky sniper fire. The French then made an infantry charge taking Teste (the town in the middle) for 1 turn, only to be retaken by the Allies. Bloody exchanges occurred in middle and the French left resulting in an Allied win.

Game 2

Maxjoezach(French) 2 banners

MjrCatastrophe (Allies) 8 banners

Once again the French cavalry charged on their right and secured 2 infantry squares. Although bloody the Allies were able to retreat a 1 block unit expertly avoiding a "bloody exchange." Allied Infantry from Teste moved out and contributed to the French cavalry losses. The French benefited from a "lucky" artillery order and moved a Foot Artillery into Teste holding it for the entire game resulting in the loss of a banner for the Allies. The rest of the game involved well timed tactical Allied infantry moves dealing out damage and unit losses. At one point , one Austrian unit targeting a French full strength infantry unit with ranged fire, rolled 5 hits. These sallies were combined with adroit retreats protecting a total of five 1 block infantry units. The French were never able to mount a massive Infantry Melee charge. The result was a well earned Allied victory AND overall match victory.

More
3 years 7 months ago #6660 by grecian formula
Replied by grecian formula on topic OT2020 Round 1
Game 2

RiverWanderer (French) # 6
Grecian Formula (Allies) # 8

The French started the attack on the right flank and was repulsed, then similarly in the center. Neither side rolled well, but importantly, the Allies seemed to have the cards they needed to check the French. Casualties mounted roughly equally on both sides, then late in the game, the French succeeded in taking the town on the left Flank after battering the Austrians with infantry and artillery fire. However, cavalry charges & long-range artillery attacks on the center/right flank secured more banners by destroying spent French 1-steppers that had been withdrawn towards the rear. The situation was just too precarious as the French had run out of suitable cards to press on. The Austrians forced a supply shortage and retook the town on the left, securing a bloody victory.

File Attachment:

File Name: BH11-Dresd...me2.vlog
File Size:114 KB

Prajñāpāramitā

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #6661 by Mark-McG
Replied by Mark-McG on topic OT2020 Round 1
Game 2
Mark McG (French) 8 banners
Stephen T (Allies) 4 banners

An extended match over 3 sessions, so I have very poor recollection of what happened. I recall some early aggressive Austrian moves that were decisively repulsed to achieve 3-0, and then a longish period of French hand building (think I started with 4 Probe cards).

The 2nd session started with a bang, the French force marching up the Left flank, which took a few banners, but lost about 3. Then the right flank cavalry moved up, and bitter struggle achieved some dead cavalry on both sides, but the French were 7-4

the 3rd session was a brief Austrian attempt to push the French away, but was insufficient, and the French quickly gained the last banner.

File Attachment:

File Name: R1G2.vlog
File Size:72 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: R1G2pt2.vlog
File Size:77 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: R1G2pt3.vlog
File Size:54 KB

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Mark-McG. Reason: adding logfile

More
3 years 7 months ago #6662 by Kandras78
Replied by Kandras78 on topic OT2020 Round 1
BH11 Dresden - Day2 - French Right flank (27 August 1813) [OT2020 - First Round - 1st game]

French(g1ul10) 6
Austrians(Kandras78) 8

A four hour long battle with Luck courting both sides with the fleeting illusion of imminent victory many times.
Initial cavalry action favouring the Austrians threatened the French Right to collapse. Even Murat himself has been forced to leave the field.
Successful French consolidation has been followed up by a devestating counterattack turning the flank with the infantry joining in.
Austrians trying to get to position suffered heavy losses but both Gen. Teste and Gen. Victor fell during a deadly bombardment. The French finally took the village in the center and a Heavy Cavalry under Gen. La Tour-Maubourg destroyed a battery on the Left prepering to fall upon the weakened Austrian infantry behind.
A desperate last effort charge by a full strength Austrian Line scattered a French Line in the center to carry the day.

My noble opponent will upload the logs.
I am really looking forward to play our second game.

More
3 years 7 months ago #6663 by g1ul10
Replied by g1ul10 on topic OT2020 Round 1
Here is the log file of my game with Andras.

File Attachment:

File Name: OT2020R1_a...me1.vlog
File Size:99 KB

BGG: g1ul10

More
3 years 7 months ago #6664 by jfardette
Replied by jfardette on topic OT2020 Round 1
I enjoyed the games, Justin. You played well and earned the victory. Looking forward to the next round!

More
3 years 7 months ago #6671 by soul1st
Replied by soul1st on topic OT2020 Round 1
BH11 Dresden - Day2 - French Right flank (27 August 1813) [OT2020 - First Round - 1st game]

French (Gileforn) 3
Austrians (Soul1st) 8

The French attacked mostly in the center and managed to take a three to one lead. After the that the Austrians attacked several turns on their right flank and were able to turn the game into a victory.

BH11 Dresden - Day2 - French Right flank (27 August 1813) [OT2020 - First Round - 2nd game]

French (Soul1st) 5
Austrians (Gileforn) 8
The second game was played over two sessions. After the first session the Austrians were three to one in the lead. In the second session the battle raged on, mainly in the center section. The Austrians held the lead in banners and were only put under pressure when the French charged with the bayonet in the center. This was only moderately successful after which the Austrians secured the victory.

File Attachment:

File Name: AvsT2.vlog
File Size:48 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: AvsT2_2.vlog
File Size:83 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: AvsT1.vlog
File Size:72 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: AvsT1.vsav

File Attachment:

File Name: AvsT2.vsav

More
3 years 7 months ago #6672 by Mark-McG
Replied by Mark-McG on topic OT2020 Round 1
Deadline approaches.. get the results in please

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

Time to create page: 1.103 seconds