MT02 Southern campaign

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #470 by Mark-McG
Replied by Mark-McG on topic MT02 Southern campaign
well that moves us to a very convenient 10 players, so welcome aboard BBB. I'll set up the draw later today.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Mark-McG.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #471 by JimDauphinais
Am I too late to participate?

More
3 years 4 months ago #473 by Mark-McG
better if you can bring a friend

Also, the Personal Messaging system is now working on the Tricorne C&C site, which should help arrange matches

More
3 years 4 months ago #475 by JimDauphinais
If nobody else shows up, I can sit it out rather than create an odd number of players. I'll try to jump on the announcement sooner next time.

More
3 years 4 months ago #476 by jrtracy
Replied by jrtracy on topic MT02 Southern campaign
If you have the space, I'm game - if I make an odd number, no worries, I'll sit this one out. Thanks,

JR

More
3 years 4 months ago #477 by Mark-McG
ok, a dozen.. drawing the line here and setting up th heats

More
3 years 4 months ago #478 by Mark-McG
tried to swap players to the alternate nationality from last tournament
The following user(s) said Thank You: Boredbeyondbelief

More
3 years 3 months ago #487 by toganalper
Replied by toganalper on topic MT02 Southern campaign
108 Kings Mountain (7 October 1780)

British : Togan Alper 6 Banners won / 12 units lost
Continental: ezpickings 3 banners won / 26 units lost

The first move of the Continentals from top of the board was not very productive. The fight started with some very lucky shots from the British that scared the provincial Cont. units from the top. After some indecisive fighting on the British left flank the struggle moved toward the Br.s right flank. The British managed to keep the ground and weaken the approaching militia group from the south.. Then seeing that both of the Cont. Leaders (Williams and McDowell) left the field, using the quick step card the Brits attacked with full force to the units on both sides of their right flank. The battle was over by the first die roll, which was supplemented by the Melee bonus, when the Militia died.

That was my very first game of the Tricorne and I believe my starter's luck helped me a lot with my dice and cards. As always it was a big pleasure to play with John.

File Attachment:

File Name: MT02tricor...ens.vlog
File Size:40 KB

More
3 years 3 months ago #490 by EZPickins
Replied by EZPickins on topic MT02 Southern campaign
Round #4
009 Cowpens (17 January 1781)

British (Gottoman) 5 banners 25 blocks lost
Continentals (EZPickins) 7 banners, 16 blocks lost

The British made a steady advance in a line doing some damage with ranged fire, I got lucky when two lights on my left failed to rally and fled the field. The fight shifted to the other flank as he quick stepped into melees. I survived this turn and countered with bayonet attack killing one Highlander. It was back and forth from then on with Newmarsh being taken out by a sharpshooter. I soon had only one regular with Howard left but it managed with whites of their eyes to kill another Highlander. It faced another attack which it survived but the repulsed light failed it's rally to give me the win.

Greg was great as always in what turned out to be a tight game.
Attachments:

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #491 by rjvonline
Replied by rjvonline on topic MT02 Southern campaign
Round #5 - Guilford Courthhouse

Continentals (Renaud) vs British (Samim)

Continentals: 10 banners, 45 blocks lost
British: 9 banners, 32 blocks lost

An exciting game of Tricorne for the tournament. Guilford Courthouse, my second or third play of the scenario, I think. This time as last I was the Continentals. I start with a forward line of militia bolstered by artillery. I get to fire with all at the start of the battle (opening cannonade), and have the option to retire 2 hexes with the militia (leaving the artillery unsupported). Last time, my opening salvoes were quite successful, and my militia confidently stood behind the fences. This time, the fire was mostly desultory. I still chose not to retire, and one or two turns later 3 of my militia units had been routed. Oops. With the use of Quick Step I operated a skillful repositioning away from the lobsterbacks and then mostly held the line. I had an early kill on the Highlanders led by O'hara (he bit it too with a Sharpshooter card) and led the entire way. End game, I'm up 8-7. The British guards with the bayonet and get slaughtered, so I'm 9-7. I have my own Bayonet cards. Greene (2 SP) and Stevens (4 SP) attack Webster. I forget to play a Sharpshooter card. I start with Stevens and reduce Webster, but he ignores the flag. I take losses on the battle back. I attack with Greene, he fails to kill Webster (who ignores another flag) and Webster (1 SP left) eliminates the Continental unit AND Greene. The game's tied at 9-9. Webster attacks Stevens (2 SP) in the British turn, but fails to eliminate his unit or kill Stevens. The Continentals battle back, and eliminate the Red Coats (though Webster survives) for the 10-9 victory. The Continentals lost 45 block to the British 32. Thanks to Samim who is a true gentleman.

File Attachment:

File Name: tricormetoganrjv.vlog
File Size:80 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by rjvonline.

Time to create page: 1.129 seconds