GG03 Waterloo Epic (18 June 1815)

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #5784 by GG
TY for the report and to appreciate!
The main difficulty when creating scenarios is that we cannot judge their balance until many tries! I mean you can try a new scenario and have the 3 first wins for the same side - let's say the Allies - Then you are tempted to change the special rules but if you try again without changing them you can have some surprises like 3 victories for the French making it a 50/50 balanced one!
The point is to experiment a minimum of 10 battles after EACH rule change and resist the temptation to change the rules after each battle!
Avec mes respects Monsieur le Marechal d'Empire!
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by GG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hawkmoon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #5810 by Stanislav27
Absolutely amazing scenario. Really good job, Guillaume! We played it in 2v2 format and it was an epic expeirence that inclduded action across the entire battlefield. Your way of incorporating the Prussians in a straightforward and intuitive way deserves a lot of praise.

French won 15 to 14. But that really doesn't do justice to the full experience. Full report + pictures here:

boardgamegeek.com/thread/2206063/epic-wa...t-250th-anniversay-w
The following user(s) said Thank You: GG

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #5811 by GG
TY very much Stanislav!
I'm also exchanging ideas on the Facebook CCN page and for sure BGG!
TY also for the report (keep on because it helps me find out if the scenario is balanced the historical way. I'll keep on surveying if not a little too much "French oriented".
I made 5 scenarios overall that you can find on ccn.net
GG01 Austerlitz basic board
GG02 Waterloo basic board
GG03 Waterloo epic board
GG04 Berezina epic board
GG05 Leipzig epic board
So if you want to test some online with some day just private message me.
GG
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by GG.

• proyce
  • Long time war gamer. Started with all the old Avalon Hill games back in the 60's.
More
4 years 10 months ago #5850 by proyce
Played today. Great game! I think you have the balance just right. Allies won15-11 but they had great dice. Wiped out 2 French arty and 1 French line on 1 turn with ranged fire. Still close towards the end, but the arrival of the Prussians on turn 10 clinched the game for the Allies.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #5851 by GG
TYVM Proyce for the kind words and the report!
If you play it some day again: Always check if the notes didn't change.
Best regard General - GG
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by GG.

More
4 years 10 months ago #5855 by Hamilton
Played two player last night. The game went heavily in the Brit's favor at first, but the French managed to pull out a 15-12 win in the end. The Prussians did not show up (count was at 7 with only one flag rolled, so 8 game turns).

More
4 years 10 months ago #5856 by Hamilton
I submitted the previous too soon :) I wanted to add what a great time we had, fantastic job GG! I don't need an 'official' Epic Waterloo in Exp 7, this gets the job done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hawkmoon

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #5858 by GG
TY so much Hamilton!

I keep on checking if there is not a little French tendency. I would like it to be 50/50 or slightly toward the allies (55 to 60 odds) and not French side for historical reason. I want the opposite for my Austerlitz or any other French historical victory scenario. The point is I want the non-historical victories to be slightly underdog for to better appreciate them!

Don't hesitate to try out my other scenarios.
GG

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #5859 by GG
By the way guys: If you want to play those scenarios (or any other) on VASSAL with me: Here is my mail > ggleize@yahoo.com

Best regards - Guillaume Gleize - aka GG

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #5860 by GG
FAQ for this scenario (GG03):
When the Prussians arrive, the first hex where they are placed is NOT part of their movement (surprise for the French). So for example: A Prussian Line Infantry that is immediately ordered while not moving will fight in melee with +1 die (Prussian Nation). A Horse Artillery can shoot 3211 if don't move or 321 if move 1 etc.

Time to create page: 1.194 seconds