EPIC02 Vimeiro (21 August 1808)

More
7 years 7 months ago #3846 by alecrespi
Historical BackgroundFour days after Wellesley’s initial clash at...

EPIC02 Vimeiro (21 August 1808)

Alessandro - Website Admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #3847 by Bayernkini
Played it twice (with Mark) and i think, this one is a good one, to introduce/learn the epic rules.
Comparative less units, and units/rules, which should be known from the basic game.
So you can concentrate you for the epic rules, and it´s still a lot to lookup (most the many combinations/rules with the TC´s).

We played each games in about 3-3,5 hrs, so this is reasonable as a 2-player epic game.

My dice are the hell!
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Bayernkini.

More
7 years 2 months ago #4426 by steelcamp
Played this yesterday 3 on 3 the British won 13-10. The French used the grenadiers to great effect driving killing many British and were poised to enter the town of Vimeiro and held Ventosa till the very end when a spirited British attack regained the town. This attack on Ventosa won the game by flipping the score by four points. Also of note two French leaders were killed while leading their units after only suffering light casualties.

More
5 years 10 months ago #5309 by g1ul10
Played today for a French victory 13 to 11. Nine units eliminated on each side but the control of two Vimeiro hexes gave the French the victory. It was a one vs. one battle that took a bit more than 2 hours. We really enjoyed it.

BGG: g1ul10

More
5 years 8 months ago #5379 by shuri5
error : british line infantry exist 11.

More
5 years 8 months ago #5385 by Mark-McG
fixed

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
4 years 4 months ago #6151 by Pevans
Played this at MidCon last month, losing as the British - I blame my subordinates. ;-) Full report on my BGG blog: boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/97536

Pevans
The following user(s) said Thank You: RiverWanderer

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #6404 by GG
Replied by GG on topic EPIC02 Vimeiro (21 August 1808)
Great battle experienced 3vs3 online with 2 English + 2 Spanish + 2 French = GG

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #10342 by Garcia
The Portuguese: Forced Marchs, Take Commands, Bayonet Charge! And good dice rolls! They took Ventosa, rolling the French Right. 8-2
French were recovering and slowly pushed the center, taking the Vimeiro Bridge, but to no avail. 13-10

More
4 months 1 week ago - 4 months 1 week ago #10495 by bartok
Played this Friday afternoon 3 on 2, the British won 13-5 in 11 turns. The British move their troops to capture Ventosa, flipping the score by four points when was near the even. but a French leader killed and a Portuguese Bayonet Charge killing 2 more french units to crash the battle in the left flank.   (British 2+2+9/ French 5)                                                                                                                               
[img
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by bartok.

Time to create page: 1.109 seconds