006 River Coa (24 July 1810)

More
13 years 2 months ago #107 by alecrespi

Alessandro - Website Admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #471 by Achtung-Panzer
I played this scenario solo twice today. The first was a French victory (6:4) thanks to an attack on their left and then centre whcich forced 2 British generals to escape the battlefield!

The second was a British victory (6:3) where the centre HA units destroyed the advanced French infantry and two Cavalry Charge cards swept the French LC from the field.

Both games were great fun and I really like this scenario where the small hand of cards make squares very important.

More
11 years 10 months ago #762 by Mark-McG
Played this one this evening. British drew LGM is opening hand and had 3 units off map (i.e. 3 banners) before the French even played a card. LGM wins this scenario for the British, and enhances my view that withdrawing Exit VP don't work well in C&C.

:angry:

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
11 years 1 month ago #1001 by Mark-McG
Ladder #1 match
8 games played
5 French wins
3 Allied wins

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
10 years 10 months ago #1106 by RovinJosh
Played this last night, as the British, and was intrigued by scenario - unfortunately Le Grand Maneouvre Card spoiled what was looking like an interesting challenge - Brits won at a canter.

My advice - remove LGM, or make the Brits use the alternative use if they draw it.

More
10 years 4 months ago #1226 by General-Eble
Played it twice tonight, once as each side against the same opponent. 2 French victories, first won 6:3 the second 6:4.
The second game was much closer with the British ready to exit 2 units for victory when a French cavalry charge against one of the ready to exit units forced it into square and stopped it.
Brits could have exited the other unit to make the count 5:5 but used the move to try and force the cavalry off from the square. The plan worked but then the French had a card that kept the attack in the centre going and they took the last banner to win.
Seems pro French to me. In the 2 games LGM only came up once and that was for the French. They used it to surround the Rifles near the windmill and threaten Almeida.
An LGM for the British in the middle of the second game would certainly have given them victory early!

B)

Cest la guerre B)

More
10 years 2 months ago #1282 by knightfiend
played this on line last night on Vassal.
British victory 6-5 but very exciting. La Grand manoeuvre was the French downfall
along with a final British Cavalry charge - off the map to exit 2 units for the win!
David :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #1381 by howlingfang
Played solo today. British victory 6:2. Brits drew bayonet charge and forced march which allowed them to exit three units in two turns. I think I was surprised to hear the number of French victories reported as I felt it was unbalanced in favour of the Brits. I think I'm still not very good at attacking so this is probably why I felt it was a tough slog for the French.

More
7 years 10 months ago #3572 by ozzie
Replied by ozzie on topic 006 River Coa (24 July 1810)
The French got a fantastic hand and rolled over the British lines without losing a unit. The British got one unit off the board whilst the rest just stood around or got beaten up. A terrible run of cards for the British whilst the French had a card to counter everything they played.

More
7 years 2 months ago #4067 by kirkoa
Replied by kirkoa on topic 006 River Coa (24 July 1810)
Used this scenario to teach oldest daughter how to play the game. I was the British and my first card I fired the Rifles in the center at her light infantry, taking one down and forcing them to retreat. Her next move she moved a line inf over and fired at the RL, rolling 4 inf hits on the dice. Needless to say, I lost 6-2 but she liked the game. Lost the battle but won the war!

Time to create page: 0.894 seconds