OT2021 Round 1

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #7452 by RiverWanderer
Replied by RiverWanderer on topic OT2021 Round 1
Game 2
Michał-Wasil                      Russians      3 banners
RiverWanderer (Mark B.)   French        10 banners

French pushed forward in strength from their left flank and, after an initial poor assault, gained the better of the skirmishing that dominated the early to mid-game.
The towns were clear when the Russians pushed back against the French left, culminating with a Bayonet Charge. However,  a First Strike gained the French a banner and blunted the Russian defences.

Cavalry threatened and probed but neither side committed. Only towards the end was a square formed, by the Russians. The French held their advance on the left whilst consolidating elsewhere. At last, a Grand Manoeuvre positioned French units for a likely breakthrough across the Russian back-line. The Russian response might have extended the game but luck was not with the Russian attack and failure to take a town back meant that the French were able to complete the exit of two units and take the two banners required to end the game.

Module v4.0.2

File Attachment:

File Name: R210-2MvM.vlog
File Size:2,417 KB
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by RiverWanderer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #7453 by Michał-Wasil
Replied by Michał-Wasil on topic OT2021 Round 1
Game 1
Michał-Wasil                       French      10 banners
RiverWanderer (Mark B.)   Russians      7 banners

Despite strong actions of Russian cavalry French have taken Schevardino Redoubt and won.

File Attachment:

File Name: OT2021R1MichMark.vlog
File Size:2,283 KB

More
2 years 7 months ago #7454 by EZPickins
Replied by EZPickins on topic OT2021 Round 1
Game 1
Brad(Gomjabber) French 5 banners
John(EZPickings) Russian 10 banners

Brad started off with an attack up the center over several turns. I was able to counter it and killed 3 units for the loss on none. He then switched to his left and was able to take 1 town hex but suffered more losses than I. He when went back to the center and had some success in taking the redoubt. I counterattacked and took it right back. The rest of the fight was across the entire front  but I was luckier and a last cavalry charge ended it. Brad did a fine job and was fun to play.

Game 2
Brad(Gomjabber) Russian 7 banners
John(EZPickins) French 10 banners

My plan was to advance on both flanks and hope for some exit points while inflicting maximum casualties. My card draw of 2 La Grand Manoeuvre as solidified my decision. I started by taking the town hex in the center since I had cards and wished to draw in his forces. I managed to take it and get a kill as a bonus. I then moved slowly up on my right. and although we both were hurt with play of LGM I was at the edge with only 1 weakened cossack to stop me.  Brad was able to get a HC over but it and the cossack died as I chose to fight rather than exit. I paid for that decision as he was able to get help from the center which cost me some units and my lead vanished. Over the next several turns we fought on both flanks but I was able to force him from 1 town hex and eliminate a grenadier for the win. The cards favored me this game but I just pulled it off after Brad rallied back. Thanks for the game.

Attachments:

More
2 years 7 months ago #7456 by Gonzo
Replied by Gonzo on topic OT2021 Round 1
Game 1

rjvonline (Allies) 9 Banners 37 Blocks lost

Gonzo (French) 10 Banners, 45 Blocks lost

Range fire deadly throughout game. Initial French volley killed 2 Russian LT. Russian artillery throughout game hitting inf relentlessly. French Left flank advance killed several units and took farthest town. Assault on nearer town goes horribly wrong with French losses 13 to 2 Russian Grenadier blocks. Russians charge back in banners to tie game. Final French assault and Cav in middle able to secure win barely. Thanks to Reynaud for a tight game. Rematch to follow shortly

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #7457 by Kral Moon
Replied by Kral Moon on topic OT2021 Round 1
Game 2

Mark McG (Russians) 7 banners
Carl Moon (French)  10 banners

The French players investment in the Vassal CCN Dice hack (available on the Dark Web) paid off as Mark was unable to score more than 1 hit at a time. By mid game, the French had 4 squares going and only 2 cards but managed to sneak a win that should have been even tighter. Next time I may need to get the card hack as well!
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Kral Moon.

More
2 years 7 months ago #7458 by Kandras78
Replied by Kandras78 on topic OT2021 Round 1
210 Borodino - Shevardino Redoubt (5 September 1812) [OT2021 - Round One - 1st game]
French(soul1st) 9(8+1) vs Allies(A) 10(9+1)

Early French push in the middle and right was gaining both momentum and ground. Back and forth cavalry action resulted in melting of the Russian Heavy cavalry. Russian cannons took a heavy toll on the advancing French troops. Gen. Compans himself fell near Doronino, but Gen. Zayonchek took over and increased the pressure on the Russians. The casualties of the defenders were growing while they tried to hold their ground around the groundworks. Constant artillery fire and some moderately successful local counterattacks were able to wither down the French in the end. It was a bloody battle of attrition.

Strange luck, tense and enjoyable game. Looking forward to our rematch. 

File Attachment:

File Name: KvsT1.vlog
File Size:2,056 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: KvsT1.vsav
File Size:680 KB

More
2 years 7 months ago #7460 by Burnabybob
Replied by Burnabybob on topic OT2021 Round 1
Only managed to schedule 1 of the 2 matches against Tommy, as we got a late start and our schedules didn't match up, but I won as the French, 10-7.

More
2 years 7 months ago #7461 by Michał-Wasil
Replied by Michał-Wasil on topic OT2021 Round 1
Maybe one little "late" session with Tommy?

More
2 years 7 months ago #7462 by rjvonline
Replied by rjvonline on topic OT2021 Round 1
Renaud/rjvonline (French): 10 banners, 13 blocks lost
vs.
Joe/Gonzo (Russian): 3 banners, 23 blocks lost

We played our return match, and it was far more lopsided than the first (10-9 for Gonzo as the French). My opening with the same 2-2-2 cards wasn't quite as successful as Joe's in the first game, but my strategy to concentrate on the flanks and pretty much ignore the town hexes was very successful, greatly helped by Joe's lack of Center cards and uneven die-rolling while I had good cards (Leadership, Forced March, Bayonet Charge, Grande Manoeuvre, Infantry Combat First x2) and at times very good die-rolling. When Joe played his first Tactician card (Infantry Melee Leader, fairly late in the game) to support a full-strength Grenadier attack on my line infantry in woods I played Infantry Combat First and wrecked his grenadiers. It was that kind of game for Joe.

(apologies if it turns out I made a duplicate entry, but I can't see what I thought I had entered)

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #7463 by FoxK
Replied by FoxK on topic OT2021 Round 1
FoxK (Allies) - toganalper (French) 9 - 10

FoxK (French) - toganalper (Allies) 10 - 4
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by FoxK.

Time to create page: 1.579 seconds