Intercontinental Tournament

More
2 years 11 months ago #7195 by RiverWanderer
Game 2 Vimiero:
Riverwanderer/Mark B (British) 6 : 5  Philippe (French).

Tense build-up of cat and mouse, with the centre largely abandoned and each side pushing against opposite flanks. The British hung on just long enough to luck out with a closing Bayonet Charge, after an earlier attempt to break the French left was nixed by a well-timed Short Supply and  Infantry Fight First.

File Attachment:

File Name: CCNInterna...MvP.vlog
File Size:119 KB

Thanks Philippe for two good games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7196 by gotigerssc
Game 1 Vimiero

Justin (French) - 6 medals
Joe (British) - 4 medals

Fighting started out on the French right where I quickly lost all 3 of the units who made the assault with only the leader surviving - strike first was very effective for the Brits. I then focused on the center and was able to bring my units into close combat aided by bayonet charge and cavalry charge. My heavy cav took out the British artillery in close combat and also claimed the attached leader. The dice from this point forward did no favors for Joe and I was able to chip away for the win.

File Attachment:

File Name: CCN.vlog
File Size:76 KB

More
2 years 11 months ago #7211 by gotigerssc
Game 2 Vimiero

Justin (British) - 6 medals
Joe (French) - 3 medals

French initially set out to advance on their left but met a good deal of resistance and lost a leader and HC unit. Most of the fighting was then at range until the very end when the French moved against the British left. They had some success on that side but a few first strikes and deflections from square kept them at bay for a while. Joe was kicking himself for not doing a CA that would have resulted in two more medals for him on his final turn. Once again, he had fairly poor dice that made it very difficult on his chances.

Best of luck to Joe the rest of the way! Always a challenge facing him.

File Attachment:

File Name: Vimiero2.vlog
File Size:98 KB

More
2 years 11 months ago #7224 by Burnabybob
Vimiero Game 2

Carl Moon (British) 6 - 3 Ben Turner (French)

Started out well for the French who took an early 2-0 lead. British came back to tie it, then the French went ahead by eliminating the British Light Cavalry on the French right flank on a battle back. The turning point of the game seemed to be the British getting two rally cards and an Elan card in quick succession, which they used to rebuild damaged units on their left flank. One of the rebuilt units got a very fortunate die roll, eliminating a French 3-step line infantry on four dice with range fire and killing the leader in a casaulty check. The British also got some good die rolls with a foot artillery against a French line infantry in the center, scoring two hits on two dice from three hexes, then killing it off with a leadship card, which gave it an extra die from four-hex range. That was the game.

The games were tense and well-matched, with Carl outscoring Ben 10-9 overall.

Ben

More
2 years 11 months ago #7226 by Mark-McG
Round 3
Game 1
Mark McG (British): 0
David H (French): 6

This was a nightmare game where the dice just didn't want to help at all. French dice were good, Allied dice were miserable. I lost 25 blocks and hit 3 times..
Played on May 2 using Module v3.42

File Attachment:

File Name: ICR3G1.vlog
File Size:78 KB

Game 2
David H (British): 2
Mark McG (French): 6

The cards lead me up the middle here, but generally did me well. Game could have ended earlier if the charging French Heavy Cavalry could have got some hits, but compared to Game 1, this was a pleasure. Used Module v4.0a66, which caused us some grief, to the point we had to stop the game, reload the logfile and continue.

File Attachment:

File Name: ICR3G2.vlog
File Size:2,196 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: ICR3G2pt2.vlog
File Size:2,381 KB

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #7227 by rjvonline
Round 2 - Battle of Viemiero

Renaud (French) vs Sahm (Anglo-Portguese) 4-6
Renaud (Anglo-Allied) vs Sahm (French) 6-4

I lost the home game 4-6 after an initially promising start where I captured the village on the right, and moved up the flank with a Grand Maneuver card, but then Sahm counter-attacked it, moving his remaining units out of harm and I never got another right flank card to exploit. The British central position is hard to attack, and after I tried and fail he led his troops forward and won.

In the away game, Sahm's French could not even make progress on the right, and for 2 hours or more, we traded pot shots, with a cavalry skirmish in the right-center turning mostly to my advantage.Sean Bean and merry band of green men were useful until they got carried away in the absence of other options and got eliminated by French fire. Sean Bean always dies at the end. Finally, though, I got a bayonet charge card supplemented by an infantry forward leader card and bagged the two units I still needed for the W.

So a tie over 2 games. Well done, Sahm..
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by rjvonline.

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #7228 by g1ul10
Replied by g1ul10 on topic Intercontinental Tournament
Round 2 - Battle of Viemiero

First game:
Giulio (Allied) 6 
Andre (French) 5

Andre put in place an effective turtling tactic that created serious difficulties for the Alliance. To attack the French I exposed myself considerably and was only saved by a timely "La Grande Maneuver". The game was very balanced. It took 3 hours and 20 minutes, I think the longest game I ever played in Napo (excluding Epic).

Game played with module version 3.42

File Attachment:

File Name: R2_Andre_G..._g1.vlog
File Size:98 KB

Second game:
Andre (Allied) 3
Giulio (French) 6

Another tense game with balanced losses on both sides for the majority of the time, until I was blessed by a bayonet charge and, with some help from the dice, amassed three medals in one turn.

Game played with module version 3.42

File Attachment:

File Name: R2_Andre_G..._g2.vlog
File Size:100 KB

BGG: g1ul10
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by g1ul10.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7246 by john
Replied by john on topic Intercontinental Tournament
Round 3 Corunna

John (British): 6, Ben (French):5

A very enjoyable game with each of us having good and bad dice rolls and balanced cards. We both played aggressively when required. Ben destroyed my right flank but my Grenadier Guards were deadly in a heavily contested centre which turned the game to my favour in the last few turns, truly `a damn close run thing´. Thanks Ben!

More
2 years 11 months ago #7247 by Burnabybob
Great game, John. You've really improved. Very exciting game- lead changed hands 5 times by my count. This kind of game is exactly what makes CCN so satisfying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: john

More
2 years 11 months ago #7248 by john
Replied by john on topic Intercontinental Tournament
Thanks so much for your kind words, Ben. Yes, the game was so exciting my heart was racing several times!

Time to create page: 1.631 seconds