3 years 5 months ago #6786 by scipio1zama
Replied by scipio1zama on topic OT2020 Round 3

File Attachment:

File Name: OT2020Amst...-20.vlog
File Size:84 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: OT2020Amst...-20.vlog
File Size:84 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #6789 by scipio1zama
This keeps happening - perhaps I am too impatient and expect faster feedback - but I keep posting multiple copies of the log file. Someone please tell me how to just erase - eliminate - delete - a post that has been made by me - easily - so i can prevent this in future.

More
3 years 5 months ago #6790 by Mark-McG
Replied by Mark-McG on topic OT2020 Round 3
not sure about the multiple posting, but C&C.net often has a slow response time for me, so patience may be the key

I don't think you can delete your own posts, though you can edit them. Generally I post the report, and then edit to add the logfiles.
To delete requires Moderator permissions, which I don't have. I'll check to see who does and see if the duplicate posts can be deleted.

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
3 years 5 months ago #6792 by scipio1zama
Thanks, Mark. Please do see if someone with moderator permission can remove 2 of the 3 logfile postings - looks silly otherwise.

EDIT to add the logfile - I never thought of that. That may be the key next time - hope I can remember - thanks.

More
3 years 5 months ago #6793 by Bayernkini
Replied by Bayernkini on topic OT2020 Round 3
Mulitple posts deleted!

My dice are the hell!

More
3 years 5 months ago #6795 by stephent
Replied by stephent on topic OT2020 Round 3
Player 1, Allies, Gileforn, 3 banners. Player 2, French stephent, 7 banners.
The French begin by probing the right flank. Allies respond by attack centre, with Inf, Grenadiers and Foot Art moving forward in triangle formation. French respond with a Flank Attack – on the right, Ruffin commanding Light moves further into the forests, shooting at the opposing Russian light who flee to the rear, and medium range canon fire has no effect; on the left, Light Cav and Horse Art walk forwards. The Allies walk LC from the centre to their Right, and medium range cannon fire misses the Grenadiers. The French move Forward: on the left Fauconnet with 2 units of Light Cav charge the Russian Light Cav (who are destroyed, then the Grenzers in the forests are forced into square) and the Horse Art (who suffer 2 blocks damage); on the Centre and Right, Grenadiers, Light, Light Cav move forward, with the latter charging with Combined arms and destroying the Russian Foot Art and then forcing the Line behind into square. Score 2-0. The Allies reply with Cavalry Charge, 2 units of Light Cav, one of Curassiers, and Cossacks charge forward on their right, destroying one unit of French Light Cav and forcing the other to flee, Fauconnet is killed. Victory was brief! 2-2. The French Attack Centre, with 2 units of Light Cav supported by Grenadiers – one unit of Allied Light Cav, previously victorious, are swept away, the remnants of the Russian Horse Art are destroyed and Nostitz’s adjacent Grenzers, deciding not to square up, are damaged. 4-2. The Allies Forced Marched Nostitz and his damaged Grenzers to the safety of Castle Edla while the Russian Grenadiers stormed forward at the victorious French in the Centre, supported by musket fire by the other Grenzer unit. The French light Cav were badly damaged, as were the French Grenadiers. The French replied with a further Flank Attack. On the Left, Horse Art and Light Cav attempted a combined arms attack against the Austrian Curassiers, but forgot about the Russian Cossacks who instead were destroyed by point blank cannon fire while the French Light Cav decided that the Russian Light Cav were easier targets, badly damaging them. On the Right, the Foot Art and Light Inf advanced. Here the French records of the battle cease (presumably destroyed during the campaign). Historians have reconstructed the Battle, on the French Left, each side lost a further unit of Light Cav, in the Centre the two damaged French Light Cav fled to the rear but the the French Grenadiers and Foot Artillery overcame the Allied Centre/Left with the further loss of one Russian Light and one Line. 7-3 in favour of France, aided by soem good rolls with the cavalry attack toweards the beginning

More
3 years 5 months ago #6796 by Gonzo
Replied by Gonzo on topic OT2020 Round 3
Game 1
Gonzo (French) 5 banners
RedCurrant ( Allies) 7 banners
Within the first several turns, Allies very accurate on missile fire and roll double swords twice on ldr. French dealt 4 scouts and leadership cards in the first 4 rounds. They went ahead and played them, inevitable. Allies mass for Cav charge on right as French right force marches and kills and cripples several units, victory within sight, but Allied cav take fianl VP first.

More
3 years 5 months ago #6797 by Gonzo
Replied by Gonzo on topic OT2020 Round 3
Game 2
RedCurrant (French) 2 banners
Gonzoj (Allies) 7 banners
French close on their right, Russians withdraw and turtle. Now French left and Russian right maneuver until multiple cav charges with bad luck for the French. Several units lost, favoring Allies. A final leadrship card with good dice and the 3 VPs put Allies over the top.
My thanks to Samim. Excellent play, but Tyche not with him.

More
3 years 5 months ago #6798 by gotigerssc
Replied by gotigerssc on topic OT2020 Round 3
Game 2

Mark McG (French) 5 banners

gotigerssc (Allies) 7 banners

Aside from the French obliterating the Allied right with their light units, this turned into a cavalry fight. Unfortunately for the French, the Allies had 3 cavalry charges. 9 out of the 12 units lost were either cavalry or an attached leader. The Austrian heavy cuirassier unit functioned more like a tank. Mark was also playing with an almost full hand of scout cards for most of the game.

File Attachment:

File Name: R3G2pt3.vlog
File Size:71 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: R3G2.vlog
File Size:64 KB

More
3 years 5 months ago #6799 by stephent
Replied by stephent on topic OT2020 Round 3
T2020R3G2
Allies: stephent; French: Gileforn
The French advance on the right. The Allies launch a cavalry charge on their right/centre, with the French losing one LC. The French reply with Counter-Attack against the blown Allied cavalry…the Allies lose 2x LC, 1x Cu, and 1x HA. Disaster: 4-1! The rest of the battle follows the steady French Cavalry/Line/Grenadier advance in the Centre against the Austrian Grenzers, who are supported by the remaining Allied LC, and Russian Grenadiers and FA. Final score 7-4, a well played victory to the French.

Time to create page: 1.229 seconds