Scenario design software

More
5 months 22 hours ago #769 by ozzie
For the scenario designers, what software or downloads are you using to generate maps? 

I set up a lot of games "hands-on" for gaming nights, but if I could do some tinkering with ideas on the laptop I would like to give it a go.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #778 by ozzie
Replied by ozzie on topic Scenario design software
I have repeatedly tried to download but I get a useless download that won't run. The file has no suffix file name and is all whited out. I've tried turning the firewall off etc to no avail. I've followed the Vasal Uderguide but this has not helped. I am bemused!

More
3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #779 by Mark-McG
Replied by Mark-McG on topic Scenario design software
I've just tested,and the file downloads fine.

I'm not sure what is going on, so let's go through this step by step, and see if we can identify where it goes astray

1. Download the VASSAL engine that suits your operating system   vassalengine.org/download.html
2. Open VASSAL 3.7.8  .. check that VASSAL engine runs. You will have a Window called VASSAL 3.7.8 and an empty Module Library. 
3. Download the Tricorne module  v1.4 (or latest)   vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Commands_%2..._American_Revolution
4. In VASSAL, File-Open Module and select the file named Tricone1.4. This file will open and then appear in your Module Library list.
5. Opening module will ask for a User ID and password entry (and confirm). Enter a user ID, any you like, and a password. The password is actually the key ID as a player, so it is a good idea to be consistent with that naming. Then select Next
6. You get 3 options, play offline, look for game online or load a game. For this purpose, choose the top option, game offline. Select Next
7. From the drop down list, select New Scenario for a blank map, or one of the pre-defined setups for an existing scenario. Select Next
8. Choose a role,. When creating scenarios, choose Observer. Select Finish

Let me know how this goes, and where it goes wrong and I'll see what else I can advise.

Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by Mark-McG.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hawkmoon

Time to create page: 1.806 seconds