Book recommendations

More
9 years 3 months ago #2308 by Mark-McG
I'm looking for some opinions on a few books on the Prussians and the late war battles, and any suggestions as alternatives.

Any opinions on the following titles?

The Leipzig Campaign: 1813-Napoleon and the "Battle of the Nations"
By F. N. Maude

Battle Imperial: the Campaigns in Germany & France for the Defeat of Napoleon 1813-1814
By Charles William Vane

The Jena Campaign: 1806-The Twin Battles of Jena & Auerstadt Between Napoleon's French and the Prussian Army
By F. N. Maude

Napoleon at Bay, 1814: the Campaigns to the Fall of the First Empire
By F. Loraine Petre

Napoleon's Last Campaign in Germany, 1813-The Beginning of the End of the Napoleonic Era
By F Loraine Petre

Additionally, if anyone knows of an online version of Chandler's Campaigns of Napoleon, or a source of a dceent copy, please share!

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #2309 by Grondeaux
Replied by Grondeaux on topic Book recommendations
I got my copy of Chandler from Amazon Marketplace only last year. It was used, but in very good condition. I note that Amazon now has a Kindle edition of Chandler available, as well as some used copies of the book. None of them are cheap, however.

More
11 months 3 weeks ago #8576 by rear admiral bolitho
one of the best books on waterloo is bernad Cornwall's waterloo which starts from naploen escape from elba and ends with the end of the battle it talks about quatre bras and ligny and all the different aspects of the battle and takes into account all of the sources

Time to create page: 0.907 seconds