320 Wagram - Davout at Markgrafneusiedl (6 July 1809)

More
10 years 5 months ago #1270 by alecrespi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #1281 by Achtung-Panzer
So, to clarify the detail, the French gain a banner for holding any non-hill hex in the last two rows of the Austrian side of the board? This in addition to any hill hex.

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #1283 by Bayernkini
Thought, i had already added an answer from Richard, because i sent him similar question after starting setup the Vassal module :)

The French player gains 1 Temporary Victory Banner for each hill hex occupied (along the line of hill hexes).
The French player gains 1 Temporary Victory Banner for each hex between the line of hill hexes and Austrian baseline that a French unit occupies at the start of the turn.

Basically the though is that the French are trying to break through so when a French player's unit occupies a hex on the line of hills or a hex beyond this line, at the start of his turn, the French player gains a Victory Banner.

The only hill hex the French do not receive a Victory Banner for when it is occupied, is the lone hill hex in the French right sector.

And yes, each single hill or open ground hex of these conditions, counts as (additional/cumulative) VP.

My dice are the hell!
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Bayernkini.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Achtung-Panzer

More
10 years 4 months ago #1284 by Achtung-Panzer
Hi Michael

I didn't read the scenarios online before Christmas as the expansion was a present and I did not want to spoil the surprise. Thank you for the clarification on the lone hill.

More
10 years 2 months ago #1325 by GG
Won win the Austrians! Arf! I had the chance to attack first with my full cavalry on my left (!) with a charge and good dices: So I cutted down the main of his (huge) cavalry before he could explode my wing! This sent us later with a tied score on this wing! Very important help for me!

The rest was maybe errors from my (dear) buddy: Keeping on advancing with the forward weakened troops pushed from behind by the healthy: So I kept on shooting them with five dice (Austrian big battalions)!

:)

More
10 years 1 month ago #1338 by Nimitstexan

Bayernkini wrote: Thought, i had already added an answer from Richard, because i sent him similar question after starting setup the Vassal module :)

The French player gains 1 Temporary Victory Banner for each hill hex occupied (along the line of hill hexes).
The French player gains 1 Temporary Victory Banner for each hex between the line of hill hexes and Austrian baseline that a French unit occupies at the start of the turn.

Basically the though is that the French are trying to break through so when a French player's unit occupies a hex on the line of hills or a hex beyond this line, at the start of his turn, the French player gains a Victory Banner.

The only hill hex the French do not receive a Victory Banner for when it is occupied, is the lone hill hex in the French right sector.

And yes, each single hill or open ground hex of these conditions, counts as (additional/cumulative) VP.

i had understood from reading the victory conditions, that only hexes actually behind the Austrian ridge count (or in other words, the couple of hex on the the last two rows of the Austrian right are not victory hexes). Otherwise, why not plainly state that any French unit on the back 2 rows counts as a victory banner?

More
10 years 1 month ago #1339 by Bayernkini
The Victory Conditions are clear, and why the scenario designer decided to do these, is only in the mind of the scenario designer ;)

And these are not only 2 rows of hex, but nearly 3 complete rows of hexes,
30 single hexes, if you want to know it exact :whistle:

My dice are the hell!

More
9 years 5 months ago #2148 by Mark-McG
12-11 victory for the French. Excellent scenario

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

• proyce
  • Long time war gamer. Started with all the old Avalon Hill games back in the 60's.
More
6 years 7 months ago #4912 by proyce
Just soloed this one today. What a battle! French won 12-11. Both sides were tied at 11 for the last 3 turns. French drew and played a Grand Maneuver card, putting two units in town hexes and two units in hill hexes. The Austrians played Forward and somehow managed to push the French out of the town and one of the hill hexes. However, the French won by gaining a hill hex beginning the next turn. A long and bloody battle. French lost 71 blocks, the Austrians lost 69 blocks. One note: Early in the game, the Austrians drew and played 3 Cavalry Charge cards. French the played Elan, and after the reshuffle, the Austrians got another Cavalry Charge card! By this time they didn't have much left, but their HA did destroy two units. A very fun and interesting scenario.

More
4 years 6 days ago #6453 by kostas63
Vittoria Austriaca 12-7. I primi turni trascorrono tranquillli mentre i francesi attraversano il Russbach e gli austriaci si assestano sulle colline. Poi inizia il massacro. Nel centro del campo di battaglia le perdite aumentano da entrambe le parti. La chiesa passa di mano ma alla fine gli austriaci hanno la meglio. I francesi perdono due generali (Friant e Gudin) e solo un paio di unita' leggere riescono ad arrivare ai piedi delle colline. La cavalleria francese interviene ed ha la meglio su quella austriaca che perde un generale nella mischia (Nostiz). Le unita' di Puthod sulla sinistra francese ricevono pochi ordini e quindi non riescono a montare un'offensiva decente. Gli austriaci ben asseragliati a Magkrafneueled danno il colpo di grazia alle ultime unita' francesi che si trovano nelle adiacenze.

Time to create page: 1.253 seconds