BH13 Lützen - French Right (2 May 1813)

More
7 years 3 months ago #6753 by alecrespi
Historical BackgroundThe battle of Lützen was fought between...

BH13 Lützen - French Right (2 May 1813)

Alessandro - Website Admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #6754 by Tarheel
consider trying time pressure rules against allies

I am thinking about a revision to this one to get more of a “game” from it. I would like to reduce the number of units on the board, turn the map at an angle so the hill runs diagonally left to right. Would like to strive to keep forces to feel historical Don’t want the feeling of a cavalry horde.
would like to consider time pressure on the allies since it was in their best interest to keep the French off the hills so they could not bombard the center of the battlefield. I am thinking along the lines of making the hill a couple of hexes deep and have it be a majority occupation banner for either side. Establishment of artillery on the hill will still be victory points for the French But may be increased by victory points per artillery.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Tarheel.

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #6755 by Tarheel
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Tarheel.

More
3 years 5 months ago #7000 by LARS
The challenges for both sides presented in the scenario make it a bit of a puzzle. In my game the French were under immediate pressure on the right and left by light cavalry attacks (coming from the Prussians in the center towards the French left). The Allies were able to make better use of cards to maneuver their artillery (as the French were forming squares) and manage a superb combined arms assault which was nearly decisive, but the French had a timely Bayonet Charge which bought them time, but not the scenario. The allies win 7-5. On to the Left Flank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: john

Time to create page: 0.959 seconds