LC01 Maida (4 July 1806)

More
13 years 3 months ago #115 by alecrespi

Alessandro - Website Admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #155 by alvinczy
Ciao

Some notes upon Maida

1- The river (LAMATO not LIMATO) was rather dry and impassable only for artillery.
2- The power of British Fire Combat does not give good balance; aka the French often lose the match.
3- From the historical research I'm not aware about the presence of Rifle units in the Expeditionnary Corps of Sir John Stuart. British Light infantry had low numbers and was almost unuseful

Enrico

More
12 years 11 months ago #509 by Freeloading-Phill
Played this against Tom last night as his first game of CCN.

It swung back and forth for most of the game before I won 4-2.

Phill

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #528 by davroslives
I made the river impassable just for the scenario. Essentially, after minor skirmishing the day before, the armies ignored the river. To balance out the scenario, I advise changing the British light infantry to Portuguese light infantry. A rifle unit is probably overkill by one die, however it's difficult to really micro-manage at that level. Actually, many of the non-British light troops were rifle armed and reasonably well regarded.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by davroslives.

More
11 years 5 months ago #854 by Bolkonsky
Replied by Bolkonsky on topic LC01 Maida (4 July 1806)
Sorry to be so late on this discussion.

I think it's a good introductory battle and nice to be able to depict units at battalion level.

I'm curious to know why Digonnet's Light infantry brigade has been turned into 1 light battalion and 1 line battalion rather than 2 light battalions. I wonder whether this is designed to create game balance or is intended to be reflective of a mix of formations?

If everyone made war only according to his own convictions, there would be no war.

More
11 years 5 months ago #855 by davroslives
Better late than never. Actually, your observations are 'spot on'. The scenario was designed as a learning game and certain liberties were taken with the unit mix. The only changes I can see are the one to replace British light with Portuguese light and perhaps raise the victory conditions to 5 rather than 4. Thanks for your comments.

More
11 years 5 months ago #856 by Bolkonsky
Replied by Bolkonsky on topic LC01 Maida (4 July 1806)
I'm assuming you mean the British composite light bttn rather than the Corsican rangers? Is that again for game balance? It seems quite reasonable to have the British light to me - gives them some strike power.

I did try replacing Digonnet's French line with light and I thought it worked pretty well - French were able to bring Digonnet's brigade forward rapidly to attack the British flank. However, for the record, Brits won 4-3.

Anyway, thanks for the scenario, a great addition and certainly one I'll use to introduce people to the game!

If everyone made war only according to his own convictions, there would be no war.

More
11 years 5 months ago #857 by davroslives
I'm very glad you like the scenario. I just found (from playing) that the British 5 block unit was just too much. I like the fact that the system is flexible enough to 'fiddle' with it. I initially thought that the C&C system would not work for Napoleonics but, boy was I wrong. Unfortunately, it's unlikely that I will get any of the new expansions as I am on a disability pension and therefore my spending money available on 'fun' is nil. Oh well, the base game and the Spanish will have to do.

More
9 years 11 months ago #1574 by Mark-McG
Replied by Mark-McG on topic LC01 Maida (4 July 1806)
Just noticed that the VASSAL scenario notes are from Roliça 1 for this scenario. Can that be fixed in the next Fax-Scenarios extension update?

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
9 years 11 months ago #1575 by Bayernkini
Replied by Bayernkini on topic LC01 Maida (4 July 1806)
Fixed with upcoming Prussians :)

My dice are the hell!

Time to create page: 0.943 seconds