Call Forward Reserves

More
8 years 9 months ago #3753 by alecrespi
CALL FORWARD RESERVES

Call Forward Reserves

Alessandro - Website Admin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #3754 by keithabarker
Replied by keithabarker on topic Call Forward Reserves
I think there is a big difference between "The unit may be placed onto either a hex with no terrain COMMA adjacent to a friendly Leader, or onto a hex with a lone friendly Leader." and "The unit may be placed onto either a hex with no terrain NO COMMA adjacent to a friendly Leader, or onto a hex with a lone friendly Leader."

I think someone needs to remove the comma from that sentence!

More
7 years 8 months ago #3756 by Bayernkini
Replied by Bayernkini on topic Call Forward Reserves

I think someone needs to remove the comma from that sentence!

Richard knows this bad wording. We will see, if he initiate a revised text on future card prints ;)

My dice are the hell!

More
7 years 8 months ago #3765 by keithabarker
Replied by keithabarker on topic Call Forward Reserves
We made the mistake of playing the games without printing out the FAQ from this site! :)
I get the feeling the cards could have been proof-read better.

Another card that we had problems with was Battlefield Smoke that reduces the attacking unit's [SINGULAR] battle dice to a maximum of 2 dice. When there were multiple attacking units, what we should do is not clear. We came up with three possible interpretations for our infantry-artillery combined arms attack.
  • Reduce the infantry to 2 but not the combined arms artillery (that could agree with the card as written)
  • Reduce the infantry to 2 and the combined arms artillery to 2
  • Reduce the infantry plus the combined arms artillery to 2 (correct according to the FAQ).

Also we thought that Battlefield Smoke would (obviously as smoke isn’t a one-way mirror) even apply to any battle back (incorrect according to the FAQ).

“Reduce the total dice of the attacking unit or units to a maximum of 2 dice” would be one alternative text which is perhaps a little clearer.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #3767 by Bayernkini
Replied by Bayernkini on topic Call Forward Reserves

We made the mistake of playing the games without printing out the FAQ from this site!

Therefore i created the "printable" FAQ ;)
If i play online, i have the document always open in meantime.

And that is the bad thing, which i personally don´t like much.
The CC system was original (with Battlecry) a very easy system, which you could play rare times and you still remember all rules.

In meantime you can´t play the game right without the FAQ beside, also if you play regular and only CCN (as me)
And as some Memoir 44 friends confirm, these MM44 power gamers can´t remember all rules in meantime also.
I hope CCN don´t goes this way, therefore i am not pleased about the circumstance, that we get a epic extension with 2 different epic style boards and rules.

My understanding of the CC system is, keep it easy and simple as it was with the mother of C&C "Battlecry"

My dice are the hell!
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Bayernkini.

More
1 year 1 month ago #8080 by bartok
Replied by bartok on topic Call Forward Reserves

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #10191 by CDR_G
Replied by CDR_G on topic Call Forward Reserves
So this is True: The unit may be placed onto either a hex with no terrain that is adjacent to a friendly Leader, or onto a hex with a lone friendly Leader?

More
5 months 3 days ago - 5 months 3 days ago #10379 by bartok
Replied by bartok on topic Call Forward Reserves
Both are correct.                               
Tricorne Continental Combat Card add the last phrase.

Last edit: 5 months 3 days ago by bartok.

Time to create page: 2.187 seconds