OT2021 Round 4

More
2 years 4 months ago #7665 by Michał-Wasil
Replied by Michał-Wasil on topic OT2021 Round 4
Gomjabbar French  1 
Michał-Wasil Allies  6

Short Game. Bloody Cavalry and RHA made the day. Infantry clear the rest. No chance for French to even conunterattack. 

File Attachment:

File Name: R42021.vlog
File Size:1,304 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #7666 by rjvonline
Replied by rjvonline on topic OT2021 Round 4
Round 4 - Return game

Renaud (French) - 5 VP

John (Allies) - 6 VP

A very tight game. As the French I managed a defensive battle exactly as I wanted it in the first 3/4s of the battle. I positioned my artillery on the hill and basically shut down the French left while having some amount of success sniping at the British GG. Most of the action therefore was on my right, and I also managed well, although I lost focus twice (like choosing the wrong unit to attack, and denying another unit the chance to) and that likely cost me victory down the line as I would killed another unit (LT at 1 block that I could have fired with 5 dice...). And then my luck ran out. Credit to John, for the second game in a row, he used LGM (on a CA) to get in the thick of it, but this time he was not one VP from losing. He moved his intact GG unit forward (along with other units on my right) and the GG in particular made a killing while I had no cards to to defend properly and little in the way of die roll success (my FA in particular scored no hits on the cavalry attacking it twice out of 7 dice, only inflicting flags...). Finally, I had a great roll against the GG, reducing them to 1, but then no card to follow up. In the next turn, John's double attack on a weak LN killed it, just but one turn before I could have gotten rid of the GG... Well done, Justin, and a lot of bollocks too. These British GG are monsters.

More
2 years 3 months ago #7669 by jaboskov
Replied by jaboskov on topic OT2021 Round 4
Game 1: FoxK (Allies) 2 - 6 jaboskov (French)
After the Allies pushed on the French right to good effect, the French was able to leverage their advanced center position to eliminate forward units (with some very lucky rolls).

Game 2: FoxK (French) 2 - 6 jaboskov (Allies)
Most of the action occurred around Chapel on the French right. A series of advances and counterattacks left both sides needing to consolidate and reposition. The Allies were able to eliminate a French unit on the left before their larger attack did serious damage. 

File Attachment:

File Name: rd4_g1.vlog
File Size:68 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: rd4_g2.vlog
File Size:92 KB

More
2 years 3 months ago #7673 by gotigerssc
Replied by gotigerssc on topic OT2021 Round 4
Game 1:
Kandras78 (British) 6 banners
gotigerssc (French) 2 banners

My left flank completely folded and did not put up much of a fight with Ferey retreating off the board - the two units I claimed from that section were shot at from the center. I was then losing 2-4 with heavy pressure coming down from the center so I tried maneuvering around and taking opportunistic shots but it only delayed the inevitable.

File Attachment:

File Name: CCNOT21Rd4.1.vlog
File Size:1,814 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: CCNOT21Rd4.112.vlog
File Size:798 KB

Game 2:
gotigerssc (British) 6 banners
Kandras78 (French) 1 banner

My hand started out with no true direction so I did some feints on each flank to try and throw off the French about where I would be advancing, but ultimately focused heavily on the center. I took the hill at one point but was then pushed back to the river and only after playing a Rally card was able to bring the units forward again. My dice rolls and cards were really good as I either always rolled a flag or a hit on every roll and Andras had no such luck. My RL were deadly and did a lot of damage as well. 

File Attachment:

File Name: CCNOT21Rd4.2.vlog
File Size:2,075 KB

More
2 years 3 months ago #7675 by Craterus
Replied by Craterus on topic OT2021 Round 4
Round 4.

1st match:
Allies: Soul1st, 6 banners
French: Craterus, 4 banners

2nd match:
Allies: Craterus, 6 banners
French: Soul1st, 5 banners

Attachments:

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #7676 by Rand
Replied by Rand on topic OT2021 Round 4
Kral Moon vs. Rand

Round 4 Game 1

Karl Moon – British – 2 Banners
Rand – French – 6 Banners

Aggressive movement on the first few turns by the British on the Right Flank ends with a ‘La Grande Manoeuvre’ play. This pushes the Guard Grenadiers and a British Line under Campbell into the French positions. The French counter with a ‘Élan’ that activates three French Infantry on their left, though poor dice rolling and a first strike by the Guards fails to inflict many causalities on either side. The British are hampered through the next few turns by their accuracy, and with the French rolling hot, both Guard units are destroyed along with the British Calvary being pushed back. A French Field Artillery and a Line are destroyed, while fighting breaks out in the Center. The British in the center gain the hills but roll poorly and the French counter with a combined arms attack that destroys the British Field Artillery. Further fighting pushes the British off the hills with heavy damage. A bayonet charge by the French destroys a British Line Infantry on the French Left Flank, and Campbell is killed, giving the French a 6 to 2 victory.

Thanks to Carl for the game and I wish him good luck in the rest of the tournament.

File Attachment:

File Name: KralMoonvs...4G1.vlog
File Size:1,584 KB
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Rand.

More
2 years 3 months ago #7677 by soul1st
Replied by soul1st on topic OT2021 Round 4
Craterus vs. Soul1st

Round 4 Game 1

Soul1st – British – 6 Banners
Craterus – French – 4 Banners

During the first turns the British attacked with their Grenadier Guards on the right, supported by some Line Infantry. The British managed to capture four banners at the cost of two banners. The Guards were depleted after this attack so they retreated towards their line. The French were in hot pursuit, transferring troops from their center to their left. The British did the same, reinforcing their weak right. The French almost broke trough, capturing two more flags. The British got lucky and killed the French General Foy and his light cavalry.

Thanks Craterus for another exiting game.

File Attachment:

File Name: CraterusVsTwan1.vsav
File Size:639 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: CraterusVsTwan1.vlog
File Size:1,946 KB

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #7683 by Rand
Replied by Rand on topic OT2021 Round 4
Round 4 Game 2

Rand – Allies – 6 Banners
Kral Moon – French – 1 Banners

=================

The first few rounds allow 7 British Line Infantry to cross the river, with the vanguard taking up positions in the hills overlooking Calvarisa de Ariba. Ranged fire between both armies leaves two French Infantry destroyed and a French artillery pushed back to the baseline. With the French center in danger, the French Left Flank under the command of Ferey tries to reposition itself to aid in their comrades’ plight. However, a ‘La Grande Manoeuvre’ played by the Allies allows the Guard Grenadiers to check Ferey’s redeployment and for a British Field Artillery to move up to the front lines. On the French right, Foy leads a French Light Infantry to reinforce the French center, damaging a British Line Infantry. On the British counter, Foy is killed and his unit destroyed, and the Guard Grenadiers lumber forward to engage the French Left flank, who are caught trying to redeploy to the center of the battlefield. A cavalry charge takes the French Light Cavalry across the river and smashes into Brock’s Heavy Cavalry, killing Brock and pushing the heavily damaged into the woods. A follow-up attack almost destroys the second Heavy Cavalry. On the British right flank, the Light Cavalry forces a French Infantry into square where they are sitting ducks for the Guards. A further melee attack by the Guards destroys the French field artillery for the victory.

File Attachment:

File Name: KarlMoonvs...4G2.vlog
File Size:1,743 KB

Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Rand.

Time to create page: 1.261 seconds