OT2020 Round 4

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #6929 by g1ul10
Replied by g1ul10 on topic OT2020 Round 4
So we have got two reports but no log files :-)

BGG: g1ul10
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by g1ul10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #6938 by ANDRE
Replied by ANDRE on topic OT2020 Round 4
GAME1RedCurranT (FR) 6-4 Nemo2333 (AL)
GAME 2 RedCurranT (AL) 6-3 Nemo233 (FR)

More
3 years 3 months ago #6939 by g1ul10
Replied by g1ul10 on topic OT2020 Round 4
Rand (French): 1 banner
Giulio (Spanish): 6 banners

Spanish start aggressive on their left flank. Their strategy is built around a bayonet charge card and the guerrilla token... the guerrilla is sabered though so that they find themselves as sitting ducks in front of firing&holding French infantry... two Spanish lines are reduced to 1 block and the hoped bayonet charge becomes an orderly retreat behind the hills. The scenario does not start well for the Spaniards. However, the French do not have great cards and find it difficult to maneuver in the center. Nonetheless, they try a CA attack with their cuirassiers and one arty against a Spanish arty on the hill. The attack does not achieve the desired effect and the poor horsemen are stuck adjacent to the artillery. Then, the reorganized Spanish try a second attack in the center. This time the GT works... and with two successive attacks, they eliminate one arty and the cuirassier.

With the center mainly occupied by reduced units on both sides, the action moves again on the French right. The frogeaters (no offense to my French friends... I actually love frogs and eat them every time I can, so for me "frogeater" is an expression of respect) try an infantry assault but the Spanish cavalry is annoying. The French advance slowly under the Spanish fire and despite their bravery, they can't inflict too much damage. A battery fire concentrated on a reduced French infantry alone in the center ends the game.

File Attachment:

File Name: OT20R4_ran...lio.vlog
File Size:72 KB

BGG: g1ul10

Time to create page: 1.067 seconds