After the British landing on Long Island, Clinton was ordered to take an elite force and make a night march around the Continental left flank. While Clinton made the night march, Grant attacked the Continentals at Gowanus road, while Heister in command of the Hessian troops, attacked the Continentals along Flatbush road at Battle Pass. The attacks were to hold the Continentals in position and distract them from the main army coming around the flank.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. The rest is history?
• Commander: Sullivan
• 5 Command Cards & 4 Combat Cards
• Commander: Howe
• 6 Command Cards & 4 Combat Cards
• Move First
8 Victory Banners
• Opening Cannonade rules are in effect.
• The 14 hill hexes are a start turn Temporary Majority Victory Banner Objective worth 1 banner. The banner for this group of hexes goes to the side that has units occupying an absolute majority of these hexes. Place a Continental Victory Banner on a hill hex at the start of the battle.
• The road hex on the Continental baseline is a Temporary Victory Banner Objective worth 1 banner for the British player when a British unit occupies it at the start of his turn.
• A unit or leader in the British flanking force must retreat onto a hex to the British player’s right map edge or to a bottom/right hex.