During the attack on 4 April, just north of the farm of La Folie, the Germans could not hold and were pushed out of their defensive positions. In their haste to gain safety, a number of German artillery pieces were abandoned and a store of supplies were left behind. The French had attacked in intense cold and driving rain and the captured supplies were needed and welcomed.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Victory Medals: 6
- 1 Medal for each unit eliminated. In addition, when the last German artillery crew figure is eliminated, the French forces gain a medal, but do not remove the artillery figure from the hex.
- The French forces gain 2 Permanent Victory Medals for each hex occupied with a German artillery figure. When occupied, removed the artillery figure from the battlefield.
- The French forces gain 1 Permanent Victory Medal at the start of their turn for each farm (building hex/ building rubble) occupied. Place the French medal on the hex.
- The French forces are racing against time. The German player, when playing a “Recon” command card, may take a Victory Medal and draw only one command card, instead of drawing two command cards.
- There is no No-Man’s-Land shelling roll in this scenario.