La Grand Battle Corps commander cards

More
5 years 7 months ago #5442 by Waterloo-Simon
I am sure it says it somewhere but I assume that the individual corps commanders strategy cards are limited to the number they receive at the start of a game and can never exceed that quantity?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #5443 by Bayernkini

strategy cards

I don´t know, if you mean "command cards" or "tactician cards",
but both are theoretical not limited to the corps (section) commanders.
But in the practice, you cant increase the command cards not over the starting limit,
or much more exact, if a "Corps Commander" have once in game "0" command cards, he can never again hold more command cards in hand than "1".

My dice are the hell!
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Bayernkini.

More
5 years 7 months ago #5444 by Waterloo-Simon
Many thanks. It was command cards and we played it that each corps commander could never hold more cards than his initial allocated quantity per the scenario. We did not limit tactician cards.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #5445 by Bayernkini

each corps commander could never hold more cards than his initial allocated

Because of the rules, it´s not possible to increase your current/starting limit of Corps Commander cards:
You can only decrease the cards to "0" and from this time on, you can´t never get/hold more command cards than "1".

My dice are the hell!

More
5 years 7 months ago #5446 by Waterloo-Simon

More
5 years 7 months ago #5447 by Waterloo-Simon
Can you clarify where in the rules it says this please?

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #5448 by Bayernkini

Corps Commander Initiative

During a turn, when a Corps commander does not hold any Command cards in his hand, and does not receive a Command card from the CIC, he may act on his own initiative and roll two battle dice. The roll will determine what units are ordered in the sections he commands.
• A unit symbol rolled will order one unit of that type.
◊ An Infantry symbol orders one infantry unit.
◊ A Cavalry symbol orders one cavalry unit.
◊ An Artillery symbol orders one artillery unit.
• A Flag symbol orders one unit of the player’s choice to March Move.
• A Saber symbol requires the player to remove one block from a unit under his command.
• When two Saber symbols are rolled, however, no blocks are lost, instead the player will draw one Command card and add it to his hand.

Read and play exact as the Initiative rolls say and then explain me, how you would increase your starting limit/current number of cards in your hand ;)

My dice are the hell!

More
5 years 7 months ago #5449 by Waterloo-Simon
Thanks, I understand this but the key point is if a Corps commander starts with three cards and then the CinC gives him another card (say plays a scout card) can he now hold 4, despite the scenario saying 3 is his starting allocation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #5450 by Bayernkini
You does the same mistake as a lot of other posters (on BGG e.g.) does.
They don´t read ALL rules

First: If a Corps Commander get in a turn a card from the CiC, he dont have any choice to use it or not,
he must follow the order and use the card,
except....

Corps Commander Command cards (La Grande Battles)

A Corps commander may play one of the Command cards he holds when:
• A Corps commander does not like the Command card given to him by the CIC. He may choose to discard the CIC’s Command card and instead play one of the Command cards he has from his hand.

If a corps commander get a new card from the CiC, and the Corps command dont want play this card, he dont save the CiC card,
he must discard it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dice are the hell!

More
5 years 7 months ago #5451 by Waterloo-Simon
Many thanks, it is the reverse logic. It was a colleague of mine (a contract writer!) who raised the issue,. As always it is the must vs may debate. In effect he can never be topped up by the CinC as he must play it or discard it.

BUT - Page 13 of Epic rules: One wrinkle, when the CinC plays one or more scout cards, he draws two command cards, keeps one and gives one to a Corps commander of his choice to add to his (the Corps commanders) hand. in this case, if that Corps commander already has his say 3 scenario command cards, can he now have a fourth card or must it be given to a corp commander with cards below his start holding or if all have their requisite number of cards per the scenario it is simply thrown away? Does Mr Borg have a view on this? The consequences are potentially a Corp commander holding a stack of command cards and then being able to command many more units if he plays one of his cards.

Time to create page: 1.826 seconds