After playing a Command card, announce which eligible units or Leaders are ordered.
- Only those units or Leaders chosen to receive an order from the card played may move, battle, or take a special action.
- Units or Leaders on a hex with a dotted line running through it may be ordered from either flank or center Section.
- If a Section Command card allows you to issue more orders in a given Section of the battlefield than a player currently has units or Leaders in that Section, those additional orders are lost.
- If a Tactic Command card allows a player to issue more orders than units a player currently has, those additional orders are lost.
- A player may only give one order to each ordered unit or Leader during the course of a single game turn.
- A Leader in the same hex as a friendly unit is considered attached to the unit. If the unit is ordered to move, the attached Leader must move with the unit, to the same hex as the unit, unless the Leader is ordered to detach. Note: It only costs one order for a unit and the attached Leader to move and/or battle together.
- When any Section Command card is played, a Leader in the same hex as a unit may be ordered to detach from the unit and move. It costs one order for the attached Leader to detach from the unit and move separately.
- When a “Leaders” Command card is played, a Leader in the same hex as a unit may be ordered to detach from the unit and move.
- When a “Cry Havoc” Command card is played, a Leader in the same hex as a unit may be ordered to detach from the unit and move.
NOTE: A helmet symbol is on the top left corner of these cards to remind players that a Leader can detach.
A player’s command is equal to the maximum number of Command cards that player is allowed to hold as noted in the war council section of the scenario being played.
- Order “Units Equal to Command”, “Left”, “Center”, “Right”, Command cards allow a player to order a number of units equal to your side’s command.
- Troop cards allow a player to order a specific unit type of troops (Light, Medium, Heavy) to move and/or battle equal to your side’s command.
- The “Cry Havoc” and “Rally” Command cards allow a player to roll dice equal to his side’s command.