Version 4.2 of the Vassal module has been bedding in. I'm using this thread as a placeholder for fixes and any other changes since it was
. Released versions are tested, including several full games. I am not looking to do any more changes in the near future unless a game-affecting bug emerges.
The current release is now v4.2.6. If you are using v4.2, I recommended
before your next game. Conversion of in-progress games is possible. If you need to do this, reply to this post and I will add details. Full change log can be found
Last edit: 11 months 3 days ago by RiverWanderer. Reason: Updated Oct 25, 2022 for v4.2.6 (minor update on v4.2.5).
v4.2.5 addresses a couple of usability issues that caused confusion in one or two games that I am aware of, fixes a couple of bugs and provides some minor improvements/scenario updates.
- Main toolbar "Draw & End" buttons lock to prevent accidental mis-use when active player draws a card.
- Discard command is disabled whilst a card play is pending.
- Tutorial added to Help.
Combat Hotkey Improvements
- Leader block automatically detached after a Leader Casualty Check if checks fails or unit was eliminated.
- Solitaire now applies hits as active side (e.g. Ctrl+2 applies 2 hits to Attack-marked piece).
- Turn tracking could fail after a re-shuffle.
- (Epic) Order 1 end turn action "Take to Hand" would send First Strike to the wrong hand.
Last edit: 11 months 3 days ago by RiverWanderer. Reason: remove link (use link in original post to get latest version)
To play old-style solo with v4.2, start a game as observer and switch to Solitaire once the scenario has loaded. Or, even if you've loaded in CDG Solo mode, select the "CDG Solo Mode on/off" button under game options (before drawing cards) and that will switch to normal mode.
I am working on a release that includes a Preferences setting for the default solo mode.
I have not tried "Power of Three" with the module but if there are any other issues with it, let me know .