OT2020 Quarter-Finals

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 Rating 0.00 (0 Votes)

OT2020 Quarter-Finals

Scenario:BR04 Sellasia (222 BC)

VASSAL File

Deadline: 31 August 2020

Player 1 Game 1 banners Game 2 banners TOTAL Player 2 Game 1 banners Game 2 banners TOTAL Semi-Finalist
mk20336  7  7  14 LeonardoAngelo  4  2  6  mk20336
azzy  7  3  10 g1ul10  6  7  13  g1ul10
taliapharaoh  1  7  8 TTK  7  5  12  TTK
Mark-McG  6  7  13 Gonzo  7  4  11  Mark-McG

Please record results in the discussion below in the form;

Game 1

Player 1 (Side): # banners

Player 2 (Side): # banners

Short synopsis of game

Attach the game log. This has to be done from the Discussion thread, not directly below (why I don't know)

Game 2

Player 1 (Side): # banners

Player 2 (Side): # banners

Short synopsis of game

Attach the game log. This has to be done from the Discussion thread.

Contact me with any problems, and please setup your 2 matches early. Leaving it to the deadline invites disaster at the hands of the VASSAL server, and there will be no extensions!

mk20336's Avatar
mk20336 replied the topic: #3597 1 month 4 weeks ago
GAME 1

Michal (Spartans) 7
Leonardo (Macedonians) 4

Very tough and difficult game for me. The final result does not represent how close it was - I managed to surprise Leonardo with my final attack on left (Double Time) and deny possibility to Sliver Shields show their merit. But other than that that was very slow, meticulous banner collection. But in the end this is how you win difficult scenarios.

File Attachment:

File Name: OT2020_qf_g1_LOG.vlog
File Size:223 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT

GAME 2

Michal (Macedonians) 7
Leonardo (Spartans) 2

My plan form the start was attack uphill on my left, where I had 3 HI and 2 W against 2 HI (plus lights on both sides). I moved my MC to that section also. The repositioning costed me 2 units - mainly by inaction - which was painful and stared to question merit of my plan but once attack was unleashed nothing could stop it.

File Attachment:

File Name: OT2020_qf_g2_LOG.vlog
File Size:203 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT

Thanks for Leonardo for two great games!
g1ul10's Avatar
g1ul10 replied the topic: #3595 1 month 4 weeks ago
Game 1
Azzy (Macedonian) 7
Giulio (Spartan) 6

Relatively fast game (two hours) heavily affected by the loss of one Spartan leader, Eucleidas, pretty early in the game. Nonetheless, Cleomenes and his heavy infantries managed to take a substantial toll on the Macedonians.

File Attachment:

File Name: BR04Sellas..._g1.vlog
File Size:206 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT

Game 2
Giulio (Macedonian) 7
Azzy (Spartan) 3

The Macedonian attack on the left, supported by the warriors, performed quite well but I did not have the cards to stop they Spartan retreat. Azzy managed to position his troops on the river, forming a very effective barrier of light units. Antigonus and his super-heavy were instrumental to the final victory, substantially helped by an incredibly good I'm Spartacus roll. Quite a long game played in two sessions (about 3 hours in total). I attach the log file of the second session.

File Attachment:

File Name: BR04Sellas...bis.vlog
File Size:138 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT
Mark-McG's Avatar
Mark-McG replied the topic: #3593 2 months 2 days ago
Game 1
Mark McG (Spartan) 6
Gonzo (Macedonian) 7
Long game with a lot of missile fire and much action on the Spartan left.

File Attachment:

File Name: QF1.vlog
File Size:297 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT

Game 2
Mark McG (Macedonian) 7
Gonzo (Spartan) 4
Macedonians came in hard on the Macedonian right, effectively clearing the field. All the Macedonian losses were on their left, but did also take several banners here.
2 leaders died, 1 each

File Attachment:

File Name: QF2.vlog
File Size:200 COM_KUNENA_USER_ATTACHMENT_FILE_WEIGHT
TTK's Avatar
TTK replied the topic: #3589 2 months 4 days ago
Game 2

Player TTK (Sparta): # 5 banners and 31 blocks lost

Player taliapharaoh (Mac): # 7 banners and 35 blocks lost

Game was on 2+ hours for us.

The entire all battle line in the battle.
I could play aggressively, because after getting the 2nd banner, I went to the 1/2 finals.

However, the first unit died at me, Travis 2 times on the archers threw a double banner... the archers dispersed

In the center of the jammed, Macedonian cavalry and pelts undeads with losses from shooting rolled back

The decisive attack on the Runaway step went at me on the "blue" flank. We covered the battered troops and took down the archers and auxiliaries...

After that, there was a sporting interest. Even I could choose my last move: A Clash of shields with +2 or a cavalry charge with +1. I didn't choose like realy Spartan... and lost 5:7

but I went further

My respect for Travis. We had a good fight with him several times since last year's 1/2, where he beat me, and then became the champion OT 2019

My log file may be broken... The server crashed
Mark-McG's Avatar
Mark-McG replied the topic: #3584 2 months 1 week ago
Joe and I played game 1, which he won 7-6 as the Macedonians.
It took us 3.5 HOURS to play with all the dancing around of the Light troops. So a warning to all, allocate a fair amount of time to these matches, because it doesn't seem like a quick clash of shields here.
TTK's Avatar
TTK replied the topic: #3583 2 months 1 week ago
Game 1

Player TTK (Maced): #7 banners 11 block lose

Player taliapharaoh (Sparta): #1 banners 24 block lose

Macedonian agressive in Right "blue" flang, can ower-hillsing, reload battle in centre... And vin
Mark-McG's Avatar
Mark-McG replied the topic: #3575 2 months 3 weeks ago
despite the depiction in the scenario graphic, the Alexander leader is treated as a normal leader. The Alexander here is not Alexander the Great, big A is long since dead.

This site uses cookies to improve your experience.