331 The Battle for Villers-Bocage

More
10 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 15 hours ago #1057 by alecrespi
Last edit: 8 months 15 hours ago by alecrespi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 2 weeks ago #1119 by JVHillegas-Elting
The British "Firefly tank" is the modification of the American M4 Sherman with a QF 17-pounder (76.2 mm) main gun. Sherman variants used were the M4, M4 Composite, and M4A4.

The British "Cruiser tank" is the Cromwell, officially named Tank, Cruiser, Mk VIII, Cromwell (A27M), armed with the Ordnance QF 75 mm.

The British "Honey light tank" is the unofficial nickname of the American M3 Stuart light tank, armed with the 37 mm Gun M6 main gun.

The German "Panzer III observer tank" is a cool idea for a scenario-specific unit.

More
8 months 15 hours ago #1134 by alecrespi

The German "Panzer III observer tank" is a cool idea for a scenario-specific unit.
Nice point!
I'll add it to the list of "special rules" to be converted into "operations cards".
We could create a generic "Observer Tank" OP card available for both axis and allies.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #1175 by JVHillegas-Elting
I like that idea--would provide factions with another way to increase their artillery spotting ability without having officer units in LOS. And as long as the other side wasn't aware that a given tank unit was just an observer, the unit would be less like to be targeted specifically for that reason.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #1183 by alecrespi
This is my first draft for the new Operation card (#143).

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #1191 by JVHillegas-Elting
I like the mechanics of it, in terms of functionally giving players a free "Increased Priority" Artillery Deck card, which could really help rain down some off-board firepower on their foe. At the same time, the unit also has the Recon specialization, which is great in-and-of itself.

I wonder, however, if there's a way to keep the unit's specialization hidden until it's first used? This would reflect the common practice (both Axis and Allied) of having these tank variants fitted with dummy guns in the turret so from their outward appearance they looked like standard tanks. Maybe something like this: The player with this unit places Transport Markers under all their tanks, and then off-board, hidden from the other player, they place the Recon Specialization Token under the associated Transport Marker. Upon first use, the player reveals that tank to be the "Observer Tank," and then places the Recon token next to that tank and removes the Transport Markers. Too complicated?

Not to be nit-picky, I will also note that the correct spelling is "Increased."

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #1195 by alecrespi
I like your "keep it hidden" idea.
It doesn't seem particularly complicated to me.
Eventually it can be simplified without the use of the off-board transport markers and noting the number of the corresponding transport on a piece of paper...

Time to create page: 0.680 seconds