Game Overview and Components (ToD)

More
1 year 10 months ago #829 by alecrespi
The Pacific Ocean theater of World War II was a...

Game Overview and Components (ToD)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #851 by JVHillegas-Elting
Thanks again, Alessandro, for creating this Pacific Theater expansion!

I've started looking through it in more detail, and one bit of initial feedback I'll offer is that the artwork is fantastic! I really appreciate how you were able to replicate the look/feel, color palette, and over all design of the rest of ToI to produce all these great new map tiles & overlays, markers, icons, cards, etc. Very well done!

One aspect of the Game Overview and Components topic where I lack clarity, however, is that the Rules of Play document appears to be missing some key components, including unit reference sheets; explanations of the caves movement mechanic; explanation of two of the three new unit specializations (the one that looks like an open flame, and the other that I can't quite decipher); and the two new obstacle markers (which look like fallen trees?). Perhaps you're still working on this part of the documentation--or perhaps I somehow missed a download link from this site?

I'll soon be printing-out all of these materials so I can begin play-testing these new scenarios. I look forward to providing feedback when I do.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #856 by alecrespi

Thanks again, Alessandro, for creating this Pacific Theater expansion!
I've started looking through it in more detail, and one bit of initial feedback I'll offer is that the artwork is fantastic! I really appreciate how you were able to replicate the look/feel, color palette, and over all design of the rest of ToI to produce all these great new map tiles & overlays, markers, icons, cards, etc. Very well done!

Thank you so much James for your compliments, I really appreciate them.

One aspect of the Game Overview and Components topic where I lack clarity, however, is that the Rules of Play document appears to be missing some key components, including unit reference sheets; explanations of the caves movement mechanic; explanation of two of the three new unit specializations (the one that looks like an open flame, and the other that I can't quite decipher); and the two new obstacle markers (which look like fallen trees?). Perhaps you're still working on this part of the documentation--or perhaps I somehow missed a download link from this site?

You are right, I'm still working on some componnets.
Here you can see a brief list:
  1. missing unit reference sheet
  2. my initial idea was to treat caves movements like stalingrad sewer movements  
  3. Flame specialization is used to indicate "Flame Thrower" tanks (see Operation Card 103 )
  4. Shovel specialization is used to indicate "Tank Dozer" (see Operation Card 102 )
  5. Fallen trees tokens will work like razor wire and are placed on a wood hexe after Tank Dozer overrun it

I hope this can clarify some doubts.

Will try to update the PDF soon (or maybe after some playtests).

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by alecrespi. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: JVHillegas-Elting

More
1 year 8 months ago #867 by JVHillegas-Elting
Ah! Thanks for clarifying the new specialization tokens--that makes sense now! Applying the Stalingrad sewer movement mechanic to caves in this ToD expansion also makes sense. In my initial post, my question was that the description appeared to be missing from your set of documents. It sounds like this is on your list to include in the future -- in the Rules of Play document, I would think. 

Anyway, keep up the great work!

More
1 year 8 months ago #868 by alecrespi
I've just updated the Rulebook (Download Section of this site).
I should have fixed missing infromations related to previous points 2 to 5.
www.commandsandcolors.net/tideofiron/dow...l-of-the-dragon.html

Now I'm working on Japanese Unit Reference Sheets.

More
1 year 8 months ago #869 by alecrespi
Japanese Army Unit reference sheet available in Download Section!

www.commandsandcolors.net/tideofiron/dow...eference-sheets.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: JVHillegas-Elting

Time to create page: 0.866 seconds