Scenario List: A General Thread

More
2 years 4 months ago #652 by JVHillegas-Elting
I've just gone through the list of scenarios available here and compared them to my own list that I've compiled over the past few years. After doing so, I have a few questions and thought I'd start a general thread about the scenario list as a place to document these questions + responses, as well as to be a placeholder for other folks with general questions and feedback.

1) Why are there multiple instances of some scenarios?

As of this date, these are: "Blood on the Mountain" (084, 112); "Breaking the Line" (012, 051, 079); "Chain of Command" (011, 052, 080); "Geneva Convention" (083, 141); and "Those Damned Engineers!" (076, 234).

alecrespi responded "We should filter some scenarios better and decide which ones to keep. in this particular case there is the FGG edition, the A1 one and perhaps the Designer Series edition ... Help is needed to identify them and chose the ones to keep." My view is that I would be in favor of retaining all of them, but just indicating which is which in the title of each scenario. I would be interested in seeing the original versions of these and other scenarios, in relation to the revised versions, to get a better understanding of what makes a scenario imbalanced, and how the designers modified the scenarios to alleviate this.

2) Some of the original layout versions of the scenarios are not amongst the list for downloading . How can we gain access to these?

As of this date, scenario numbers include: 001-043; 121; 130; 139; 140; 174-179; 211-216; 238; 250; 251; and 269-280.

3) How do we get a new or missing scenario added to the list & downloadable content?

I've got two new scenarios in the works that I will like to add eventually (and some others that I hope to produce one of these days). I also have downloaded a few scenarios over the years that don't appear to be on this website's list. 

The scenarios I have that don't appear to be on this list include: 
  1. Battle of Nijmegen Part 1
  2. D-Day -1: Sainte-Mère-Église
  3. Destroy the Guns
  4. Evacuation: Battle of the Bulge
  5. Meeting Engagement Version 1
  6. Meeting Engagement Version 2
  7. Spear Tip (Kursk Northern Front)

Thanks for the questions and feedback!
The following user(s) said Thank You: alecrespi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #653 by alecrespi

2) Some of the original layout versions of the scenarios are not amongst the list for downloading . How can we gain access to these?
As of this date, scenario numbers include: 001-043; 121; 130; 139; 140; 174-179; 211-216; 238; 250; 251; and 269-280.
Hi James,
I've just uploaded all missing scenarios in PDF format.
www.commandsandcolors.net/tideofiron/dow...ory/3-scenarios.html

I cannot find 003 Silence the Guns scenario, maybe from original FFG booklet...
  • 130        Defending Hell´s Highway    Klaus Fritsch   (found it on an online list but never found the PDF)
  • 238        Traitors!!!    Santiago Machín   (found it on an online list but never found the PDF)
  • 250        Operation Encore - Riva Ridge     still a WIP inside Vassal (will create a PDF when ready).
  • 251        Operation WinterGewitter     still a WIP inside Vassal (will create a PDF when ready).
The following user(s) said Thank You: JVHillegas-Elting

More
2 years 4 months ago #654 by alecrespi

3) How do we get a new or missing scenario added to the list & downloadable content?
I've got two new scenarios in the works that I will like to add eventually (and some others that I hope to produce one of these days). I also have downloaded a few scenarios over the years that don't appear to be on this website's list. 
Thanks for the questions and feedback!

The best solution would be to send me the new scenarios in PDF.
I'll then add them to the DB, create the webpage and also the VSAV file to be included inside current vassal game module.

I've just add to my "Excel DB" these scenarios:
  • 289        Battle of Nijmegen Part 1
  • 290        D-Day -1: Sainte-Mère-Église
  • 291        Destroy the Guns
  • 292        Evacuation: Battle of the Bulge
  • 293        Meeting Engagement Version 1
  • 294        Meeting Engagement Version 2
  • 295        Spear Tip (Kursk Northern Front)
Please share the files so that I can proceed in creating them. 

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #655 by alecrespi

I've just gone through the list of scenarios available here and compared them to my own list that I've compiled over the past few years. After doing so, I have a few questions and thought I'd start a general thread about the scenario list as a place to document these questions + responses, as well as to be a placeholder for other folks with general questions and feedback.

1) Why are there multiple instances of some scenarios?

As of this date, these are: "Blood on the Mountain" (084, 112); "Breaking the Line" (012, 051, 079); "Chain of Command" (011, 052, 080); "Geneva Convention" (083, 141); and "Those Damned Engineers!" (076, 234).

I could find these details in my DB.

Blood on the Mountain
  • 084  by Matt Siegel    from FFG Official Scenarios website (looks the same for me)
  • 112  by Matt Simpson Siegel    from Fan Made archive (looks the same for me)
Breaking the Line
  • 012  from Tide of Iron: New Wave  (fixed directional marker)
  • 051  by John Goodenough    from FFG website  (I think this could be a duplicate, not from DS Vol1)
  • 079  from FFG Official Scenarios website (FFG 1st edition)
Chain of Command
  • 011  from Tide of Iron: New Wave  (removed some cards from strategy deck and fixed directional marker)
  • 052  by John Goodenough    from FFG website  (I think this could be a duplicate, not from DS Vol1)
  • 080  from FFG Official Scenarios website (FFG 1st edition)
Geneva Convention
  • 083  by Mike Zebrowski    from FFG Official Scenarios (different layout, maybe started as a fan scenario and then FFG published it as a PDF)
  • 141  by Mike Zebrowski   from FFG FanMade Scenarios archive (different layout, maybe started as a fan scenario and then FFG published it as a PDF)
Those Damned Engineers!
  • 076  from Next Wave Kickstarter Bonus
  • 234  by Ray Trochim    from Fan Made archive

Waiting for your kind feedback and help to better identify them.
Ale
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by alecrespi.

More
2 years 4 months ago #656 by JVHillegas-Elting
Will do -- I'll email you these PDFs shortly.

More
2 years 4 months ago #657 by JVHillegas-Elting
Appreciate this. Looking forward to seeing #250 and #251 when they're ready!

I own the original base game, and see "Silence the Guns" in that scenario booklet, so I'll scan that and email it to you shortly.

More
2 years 4 months ago #658 by JVHillegas-Elting
Great--I've just updated my own documentation to differentiate these scenario versions.

More
2 years 4 months ago #659 by JVHillegas-Elting
Also, for everyone's information: The CnC scenario list includes a scenario with the file name "Defend the Hospital (Bulge)" (#284), but the actual title of the scenario itself is "Evacuation: Battle of the Bulge."

More
2 years 4 months ago #660 by alecrespi

Also, for everyone's information: The CnC scenario list includes a scenario with the file name "Defend the Hospital (Bulge)" (#284), but the actual title of the scenario itself is "Evacuation: Battle of the Bulge."
I've just fixed this.
www.commandsandcolors.net/tideofiron/sce...le-of-the-bulge.html
Thank you

More
2 years 4 months ago #661 by alecrespi

Great--I've just updated my own documentation to differentiate these scenario versions.
What do you suggest to differentiate them on the website?
  • add a TAG, just below the map (similar to game side, year, complexity, board and rounds count)
  • add "codename" at the end of the title like:
    • (TOI FFG) for original FFG Edition
    • (TOI NW) for 1A Next wave edition
    • (TOI DOF FFG) for original FFG Edition
    • all scenarios without this codename will be considered as "fanmade"
  • other suggestions

Time to create page: 1.237 seconds