229 The Redball Express

More
3 years 3 months ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #333 by alecrespi
Last edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by alecrespi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1078 by alecrespi
Replied by alecrespi on topic 229 The Redball Express
Scenario Overview by Evil Knivel @ BGG
boardgamegeek.com/filepage/64961/toi-scenario-overview

"Very nice scenario! Well balanced, it came down to the last die roll."
Time: .5 – 1 h
Favors: Americans?
Fun Factor: *****
Strategy: If the Americans won too easilly try playing the Germans more defensively, setting a few units in op fire near objective marker. Try to keep the Panzer IV alive long enough to do damage later in the game.

More
7 months 2 weeks ago #1152 by alecrespi
Replied by alecrespi on topic 229 The Redball Express
I played this one yesterday evening with Pino.
Americans won by getting one truck off the board during "Round 6". Some lucky draws (2x Suppressive Support cards from Ground Support 1 deck) allowed pinning the AntiTank infantry twice (on Round 4 and 5) and pass it by with a Truck and a Sherman.
On the other side of the map a fresh base with an officer managed to run and block the advance of the Germans who were leading to cover the exit hex.
The mortar squad with the support of a medical unit on the bridge has been a nice combo for the American!

The American Air Support 1 deck is quite expensive, so the Germans must decide whether to make the most of it, by reaching and capturing the hill. This could slow down the Americans to gain at least a "Minor German Victory".
On the other hand I agree with Evil Knivel and I think that a very defensive game, perched around the only exit hexagon, is effective for the Germans.
Keep in mind that the Shermans (even if undisturbed) manage to get past the anti-tank traps on turn 4 with a fire and move action!

Time to create page: 1.773 seconds