DP02 Bunker Hill (17 June 1775)

More
9 years 10 months ago #1707 by Gimli52
I hear you. Good luck...

Incoming fire has the right of way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #1708 by Gimli52
Let me know how it goes. I'd love to hear you feedback.

More
9 years 10 months ago #1711 by Mark-McG
"British ships may fire on a Bombard, Leadership or Fire & Hold Card. They get 4 dice regardless of which card is played and at all ranges. LOS is needed but friendly units may be fired over provided they are not adjacent to the target."

It isn't clear whether the card can be used to activate units as well as the British ships firing.

So for example;
Leadership - the ships can fire and the leaders (and attached units) are ordered?
Fire & Hold - the ships can fire and up to 4 British units.

Presumably the ship fire is treated as artillery fire for the purposes of terrain modification (if terrain applies at all).

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
9 years 10 months ago #1753 by Gimli52
Fire & Hold allows 4 or fewer units to fire. When the Fire & Hold Card is played by the British, the 3 ships would be able to fire, plus one infantry unit to make a total of 4 units.

Leadership Card allows ALL Leaders to fire. When the Leadership Card is played by the British, the 3 ships would be able to fire (the ship captain counts as a leader for this card), plus the infantry leaders (and attached units) would be able to activate. That means it would be possible to activate 6 units - the 3 ships and 3 Leaders (and attached units). The 3 ships would not get the +1 dice, and thus would still get only 4 dice on the Leadership Card. But hey, it's still 4 dice!

Yes the ships are treated as artillery fire for the purposes of any applicable terrain modifiers.

Hope this helps...sorry it took me a while to respond. Work has had me busy the past couple of weeks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark-McG

More
9 years 8 months ago #1830 by Jones
Hi all guys.
i would like to know if the American war's scenarios(and this one also) are playable with the components of the base game only.
in other words, are French/Portoguese armies good enough to play these scenarios instead of Spanish one?
Thank You very much for your support!

More
9 years 8 months ago #1831 by Grondeaux
I would think you could use the French blocks. What you will need, though, is a copy of the Quick Reference Card that came with the Spanish expansion set to give you the combat and morale stats for the Spanish. You could also use the data listed here under Expansion 1 to give you those numbers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jones

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #1832 by Jones

Grondeaux wrote: I would think you could use the French blocks. What you will need, though, is a copy of the Quick Reference Card that came with the Spanish expansion set to give you the combat and morale stats for the Spanish. You could also use the data listed here under Expansion 1 to give you those numbers.

Thank you Grondeaux, i will check the expansion #1 here.
my doubt rose up because i dont know if there are particular restrictions using French army instead of Spanish one or if French army units are more strong than Spanish ones.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Jones.

More
9 years 8 months ago #1833 by Mark-McG

Jones wrote: Thank you Grondeaux, i will check the expansion #1 here.
my doubt rose up because i dont know if there are particular restrictions using French army instead of Spanish one or if French army units are more strong than Spanish ones.

The Spanish are definitely weaker than the French B)
The Americans in this scenario are stronger than the Spanish.

My recollection is that Expansion #1 is still readily available, and quite cheap. It complements the base game quite well, and opens up the Peninsular war with some good Anglo-Spanish battles. So if you just want to play Bunker Hill, use substitutes (even figures), but I think it is a good expansion, particularly for variants armies (like Bavarians, Saxons, Poles & Americans) when appropriately modified.

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jones

More
7 years 10 months ago #3724 by Barronmore
Played this yesterday for the 4th of July...what a game...what a scenario. Had the wrong rules for ships and that could have made the whole difference, but the Brittish (me) lost a very contested game where I should have easily lost (down four flags at one point). Ended up losing by litterally one die roll.

Thanks for these scenarios. I love the American Revolution AND C&C!

More
1 year 6 months ago #7982 by Fencer
Please, help! I can only get one banner for a group of hexes marked in white, am I right? And only one banner for a group of hexes marked in red? The description of the card states "victory bannerS". If I can get more than one banner for each group of hexes, please explain how many and in what case.

Time to create page: 1.354 seconds