DP02 Bunker Hill (17 June 1775)

More
9 years 11 months ago #1635 by Bayernkini
So far i have only low res pics for Vassal, these can you extract from the Vassal module :)

If i find time, i can create some high res pics with unit type letters, but this will not happen next, because i am very busy with a lot of other projects (new prussian update next for example) ;)

My dice are the hell!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #1674 by Tanris
Looks like it will be a fun scenario for me to play in this tournament. Out of curiosity, I do have one question. Does the hex to the upper left of the militia on the British side of the map count as a hill or a town when it comes to the terrain modifiers?

~*~*~*~*~This page is under construction~*~*~*~*~

More
9 years 10 months ago #1692 by Gimli52
HI,

Count the hill/town hex as a town when it comes to terrain modifiers.

Incoming fire has the right of way.

More
9 years 10 months ago #1693 by Bayernkini
Can only answered by the scenario designer or the MT chief (Mark McG) ;)

My dice are the hell!

More
9 years 10 months ago #1694 by Mark-McG

Gimli52 wrote: HI,

Designer has spoken.. town it is.

I suppose artillery in the hill town can still fire over an adjacent friendly unit on a lower terrain.

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.
[img][/img]

More
9 years 10 months ago #1696 by Tanris

Mark McG wrote:

Gimli52 wrote: HI,

Designer has spoken.. town it is.

I suppose artillery in the hill town can still fire over an adjacent friendly unit on a lower terrain.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up!

~*~*~*~*~This page is under construction~*~*~*~*~

More
9 years 10 months ago #1699 by Grondeaux
What is the range for the British ships? Is it any hex on the board in LOS and not adjacent to friendlies, or the same as artillery (5 hexes) but with 4 dice at all ranges?

More
9 years 10 months ago #1700 by Gimli52
Hi,
The naval artillery (ship borne) had range to fire pretty much anywhere on the battlefield. So, we designed the range to be unlimited so long as the ship could see. They wouldn't have been able to coordinate with the ground troops well enough to use the Combined Arms rule, which is why we chose to use the rules we did.

So, any hex on the board within LOS and not adjacent to friendlies is a valid target. And yes, it is 4 dice at all ranges.

Hope this clears it up. Also, we hope you enjoy the game as much as we have. My son and I have played it many times during testing. It's challenging for each side, but a lot of fun. It's pretty satisfying for the Brits to get some good Naval support when you get the right cards and frightening for the Yanks.

More
9 years 10 months ago #1701 by Gimli52
Hi,

Oh, and by the way, I noticed we didn't actually say anything about ship movement. The British ships may not move. The graphic representation merely show you where they were located.

So, consider the British ships to be anchored in the hexes where they begin the scenario.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Grondeaux

More
9 years 10 months ago #1702 by Grondeaux
Thanks! When I'm the Americans, I sincerely hope the British don't get the cards they need to use the ships.

Time to create page: 1.437 seconds