Battle Cry rules with C&C Napoleonics adaptions

More
4 years 3 months ago #701 by Heckmac
Digging up an old thread... has this variant received any additional playtesting or revisions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #702 by Mark-McG
It had some more plays, and I did incorporate the CCN Expansion 5 rules into the variant rules, specifically the Grand Battery rule and the Tactician Cards (which were made by Michael D)

I can't recall if where I loaded those, so I have attached again

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

In terms of my satisfaction with the rules, they are mechanically reliable, and they did address the problem of the two sides essentially rushing towards each other. It has strengthened defense and made lines more stable, in the same manner as C&C Napoleonics.
Something I hadn't anticipated is the need to strengthen the attacker in the scenarios. The Tactician cards should do so, but I'm not experienced enough with them in BC to say for sure. Something I think would be better is a new set of Tactician cards, but a separate Union and Confederate sets. Union would have more artillery cards, and perhaps Rally cards. Confederate more cavalry and Infantry assault cards.

The variant absolutely demonstrates the problem infantry faced when using Napoleonic style command and tactics versus rifled weapons. Crossing open ground is very difficult, and ranged firepower is the main combat.

"The war is over — the rebels are our countrymen again."

(U.S. Grant after stopping his men from cheering Lee's surrender at Appomattox Courthouse.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.182 seconds