• Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #248 by alecrespi
005 Gaines Mill, Virginia - June 27, 1862

File Attachment:

File Name: B05__Gaines_Mill.pdf
File Size:250 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Bayernkini.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #681 by Pevans
Played this scenario with my nephew last week. It turned into a bit of an artillery duel, despite the copious woods for the infantry to hide in. And, with three artillery units to their opponents' two, the advantage was with the Union. I did get some Confederate infantry past the end of the river to outflank the Union line, but Tom sprinted some troops across from the centre to get the final banner and win 6:3.

Swapping sides, the battle was again an artillery duel. Every time Confederate forces advanced, the Union artillery forced them back. The result was pretty one-sided. I had worked the one cavalry unit over to my right flank, hoping to get behind the Confederate line and mop up damaged units, but it wasn't necessary. A second Union victory, but by a bigger margin: 6:1, giving me the win on aggregate 9:7.

More
2 years 3 months ago #764 by kostas63
Vittosia CSA 6-4. Battaglia di logoramento. I sudisti avanzano sulle ali, visto che nel centro sono più deboli. Il ruscello impedisce un attacco a piena forza già che i nordisti si attestano sulle colline e aspettano l'assalto. Il gen. A.P.Hill interviene per aiutare Jackson ma resta ucciso. I nordisti indietreggiano combattendo duramente ma alla fine i sudisti vincono la battaglia.

Time to create page: 1.047 seconds