109 Gloucester Raid (3 October 1781)
The British Army was under siege in Yorktown and running short of supplies. Cornwallis sent Tarleton to Gloucester, just across the York River, to seach for supplies. Tarleton, believing that he only faced militia, sent out raiding parties. Mercer, however, had recently been reinforced by French troops. Not far from Gloucester a storehouse of supplies was discovered, but before these could be recovered, the French launched an attack. The fighting was fierce. The British were finally forced to retire when Mercer’s troops joined the battle.
The stage is set. The battle lines are drawn and you are in command. The rest is history?
• Commander: Marquis De Choisy
• 5 Command Cards & 2 Combat Cards
• Commander: Tarleton
• 6* Command Card & 4 Combat Cards
• Move First
4 Victory Banners
• *The British take the first two turns. Play a card, move and battle, and draw a new Command card. Play a second Command card, move and battle, and draw a new Command Card.
• No Opening Carronade.
• The Continental player gains 1 Temporary Victory Banner, at the start of his turn, for each field works hex occupied.
• The British player gains 1 Permanent Breakthrough Victory Banner for each British unit that exits the battlefield from the Continental baseline hex.
• The British gains 1 Permanent Victory Banner, at the start of his turn, for each building hex occupied outside of Gloucester.
• The British player is racing against time. The Continental player gains 1 Permanent Victory Banner for each Scout Command card he plays.
• Stream is fordable
Q: Are all three Building Hexes within the boundaries of the British Fieldworks considered to be part of the Town of Gloucester?
A: YES. THE THREE BUILDING HEXES WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE BRITISH FIELDWORKS MAKE UP THE TOWN OF GLOUCESTER. (RB)
Note: Unfortunately, there is a tile shortage for this scenario as well. However, it is easily fixed for this
scenario by replacing the two Two-Hexside Fieldworks Tiles on the British Baseline with Three-Hexside
Fieldworks Tiles with the third protected hexside being the hexside between the tile and the British edge
of the map.
Q: Are all three Building Hexes within the boundaries of the British Fieldworks considered to be part of
the Town of Gloucester?
A: YES. THE THREE BUILDING HEXES WITHIN THE BOUNDARIES OF THE BRITISH
FIELDWORKS MAKE UP THE TOWN OF GLOUCESTER. (RB)