Scenario availability in Vassal

More
2 years 2 months ago #745 by JVHillegas-Elting
Scubaseth and I have found that there are quite a few scenarios in the Vassal ToI Mod 3.x "File" > "Choose a scenario" list that are not yet playable. After following Alessandro's instructions on how to set-up a Vassal scenario from scratch ( boardgamegeek.com/thread/2554027/vassal-module-30/page/2 ) and looking more closely at a scenario map as I set-up my first scenario ("Rescue Mission," #014), it occurred to me that the scenarios pages all have an image of the map that comes from a Vassal set-up. This means that these scenarios have been set up in Vassal by someone, they have just not yet been uploaded to the ToI Module v 3.x, for whatever reason.

Before I spend a lot of time setting-up scenarios as .vsav files on my local computer for eventual upload to Vassal, I'm wondering if someone (Alessandro?) already has a queue of them built, but the mod hasn't yet been updated to include them?

Or, is there an easy way for us to upload a .vsav file to the Vassal mod so they can be accessed and useable by the community?

I also noticed in the "Tide of Iron - Scenarios" Google Sheet that the vast majority of the 292 current ToI scenarios have a check-box in the "VSAV" column, suggesting .vsav files do already exist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #749 by alecrespi

Scubaseth and I have found that there are quite a few scenarios in the Vassal ToI Mod 3.x "File" > "Choose a scenario" list that are not yet playable. .... This means that these scenarios have been set up in Vassal by someone, they have just not yet been uploaded to the ToI Module v 3.x, for whatever reason.
Before I spend a lot of time setting-up scenarios as .vsav files on my local computer for eventual upload to Vassal, I'm wondering if someone (Alessandro?) already has a queue of them built, but the mod hasn't yet been updated to include them?
Hi James,
you are right, almost all scenarios are available directly inside the Vassal module (updated frequently).
My friend Pino created most of them (I will never stop thanking him!) and you can periodically check the "Download section" for the updated module.
www.commandsandcolors.net/tideofiron/dow...tegory/4-vassal.html
Current vassal module (v3.1) has been updated on 20 January 2022 and should include all current scenarios.

Or, is there an easy way for us to upload a .vsav file to the Vassal mod so they can be accessed and useable by the community?
Uploading VSAV files is always possible using the scenario thread in this forum or sending me the Vsav file.
This will allow me to include the scenario insde the module and update both download section and scenario picture.

I also noticed in the "Tide of Iron - Scenarios" Google Sheet that the vast majority of the 292 current ToI scenarios have a check-box in the "VSAV" column, suggesting .vsav files do already exist.

I can confirm that Google Sheet is up-to-date and reflect current status of the main module and the website.

Please try to downlaod and use the latest module and let me know if can see all previously missing scenarios.

More
2 years 2 months ago #751 by JVHillegas-Elting
Aha!

I just navigated to vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Tide_Of_Iron , and see that the most recent ToI mod version remains "TideOfIron_v3.04.vmod." Maybe the v3.1 hasn't yet uploaded to the server? Or, am I not looking in the right place?

More
2 years 2 months ago #753 by alecrespi
I've stopped uploading the module on Vassal website due to frequent updates in the past year.
We updated the module nearly once per week, adding scenarios and fixing issues.
So I've decided to update it only on this website (see Download section or my previous link).
Now that we have nearly completed all scenarios we are close to publish it also on Vassal website.

More
2 years 2 months ago #754 by JVHillegas-Elting
Aha!

Fantastic. I'll download it straight away.

Time to create page: 0.999 seconds