033 Dash to the Wire

More
3 years 3 months ago - 2 years 1 month ago #369 by alecrespi
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by alecrespi. Reason: added scenario picture

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #722 by alecrespi
Replied by alecrespi on topic 033 Dash to the Wire
Posting here some comments found online.
www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/37980/tid...1-player-comments-ba
  • I found this one to be pretty balanced. Fairly even forces. The Germans have Air Support cards, while the British have an AT gun. A lot of fun.
  • Well balanced scenario  Proper use of AT equipment is crucial for Brits, but good german bombarding can be mortal.

More
2 years 1 month ago #801 by alecrespi
Played this one yesterday and we found some weird things in this scenario:
  • German has starting initiative, but they enter during the second round. What does this mean? It's like giving the initiative t the Brits for the first 2 rounds.
  • Germans has no command points until the end of the second round (1st round = no move, 2nd round = control the points)
  • At the end of the 2nd round Brits have accumulated 8 Command Points (they can nearly keep the Initiative for the entire game)
  • How do the Germans try to take the initiative or even play cards frome the expensive Artillery cards?
Maybe I'm missing something?
The following user(s) said Thank You: JVHillegas-Elting

More
2 years 1 month ago #802 by pino
Replied by pino on topic 033 Dash to the Wire
I have played this scenario yesterday and, as German player, I really found it very hard.
The designer's note say "..one interesting dilemma for the German player is to fire with his tanks from long range or try to advance quickly with the accompanying reduction in firepower. Keep in mind that having the initiative is critically important in this scenario, and most of the time may be more important than spending initiative to get additional strategy cards..." but, from the first turn, it's quite clear that the German player never get the opportunity to gain initiative (how could it be possible when British player collect 6 to 8 victory points in the first two rounds while the German player collect 4 victory points at the end of the second round?). Also, I found the 2 German Strategy Decks completely useless (wanna talk about the German Air Support Deck?....50% of the cards cost from 3 to 4 points and the German player must establish the contact to have some effect on British player, with a 50% chance to fail the contact...nice way to waste Victory points!).
Last but not least the British player, from the beginning, have the opportunity to tend a perfect ambush to the German tanks: British tanks enter in the first round from the same entering point of German player and, even if they must use their entire Movement Value as an Advance action moving north, at the beginning of the second round they are still really close to the German entering position, grant them the opportunity to wait in opportunity fire the arrival of the German tanks, transforming the scene in a real bloody mess.
And what about the operational card "Panzer IV Ausf. E" that impose to the German player the reduction from 10 to 6 dices of the Panzer IV firepower? Even with 10 firepower dices the British Matilda with an AV of 5 are really tough, but with a firepower of 6 dices (3 with a Move&Fire action), the Matilda are almost indestructibles.
In my opinion the German player could only reach, with a lot of hard work, a draw but, surely, not a victory!
The following user(s) said Thank You: alecrespi, JVHillegas-Elting

More
1 year 3 months ago #914 by pino
Replied by pino on topic 033 Dash to the Wire
awful scenario, the worst i've ever played. German player have no possibility to win

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #1053 by alecrespi
BJaffe01 (Jan 9, 2009)
This may not matter now but when i play tested the scenario i presumed that the Germans got initiative once they started appearing
Bill Jaffe

Time to create page: 1.022 seconds