016 Fall of Tobruk

More
3 years 2 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #187 by alecrespi
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by alecrespi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #613 by joeyama
Replied by joeyama on topic 016 Fall of Tobruk
Hello again,

The words from Churchill would be following:

"Defeat is one thing, disgrace is another."
- Prime Minister Winston Churchill

Great thx!!
- joe
The following user(s) said Thank You: alecrespi

More
2 years 2 months ago #711 by alecrespi
Replied by alecrespi on topic 016 Fall of Tobruk
Posting here some comments found online.
www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/43255/tid...layer-comments-balan
  • Fall of Tobruk is a fun to play scenario but in my opinion it is unbalanced in favor of Germans. It doesn’t mean that scenario is broken like many others (mainly core set ones). I think that with some lucky dice rolls and good QF 6-Pounder AT Guns strategy it is still possible to win it by British forces. Unfortunately German Air Support deck is devastating for enemy. No need of drifting and bigger army creates huge advantage for German player in this scenario. Minefields aren’t dangerous enough because razor wire can be removed by tank or engineer. Apart from these drawbacks I still recommend Fall of Tobruk as a very interesting and fun scenario to play. I think that all TOI players are used to situations, where scenarios which aren’t perfectly balanced give us lots of fun. Fall of Tobruk Is definitely one of them. boardgamegeek.com/thread/1325779/fall-to...battle-report-photos  

More
8 months 1 week ago #1107 by khalidirfan@hotmail.com
This scenario is quite difficult for the Germans, as it is quite the hard scenario. Going to capture a point on 21B, then exiting is very hard, and it requires to pass through the British defenses, which will take at least more than 4 rounds, and then 3-4 rounds later, the game has been done. For the Germans you need to find open holes through the Infantrymen, then once that is done, capture a marker and escape. Once again, if you want a very hard mission, be the Germans and attack/ assault the British task force, best case you are going to have to go through the middle or maybe even flank them. Remember, they have AT- Pounder guns, so they are very efficient and crucial to the Panzers. One more thing, as for the British note, be careful for the holes! Putting the infantry in the setup, is quite tactical; And the choice of cards is what can make this scenario a nice one!

More
8 months 1 week ago #1108 by alecrespi
Replied by alecrespi on topic 016 Fall of Tobruk
Welcome Khalid,
thank you for posting your comments on this scenario.
If you played this one may I suggest you to record the result?
You can see "Axis" and "Allies" cirlc/logo on the top of each scenario page (just below Tags).
You can press a single time on the victorius side picture to record your result!.

More
8 months 1 week ago #1109 by khalidirfan@hotmail.com
Thank you for telling my what those percentages were for, I got quite confused. But I voted 50%-50% for the Allies, as my record. I had battled my little brother in this scenario and he failed to do what he was told to.

Time to create page: 1.143 seconds