Game Additions (ToD)

More
1 year 6 months ago #828 by alecrespi
different rule section can be applied to a givenscenario...

Game Additions (ToD)
The following user(s) said Thank You: JVHillegas-Elting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #855 by JVHillegas-Elting
I'm still digesting all this great new content. I spent time recently cropping all the cards so I can have them printed on card stock through Printer's Studio (as I've done with other the ToI Kickstarter cards). I commend you on your great work ensuring these ToD cards have the same look & feel as the base game + expansions! I also appreciate that you've created special "Optional Rules" cards for the Kickstarter bonus booklet content.

At first glance, I really like the new features/abilities in your U.S. Marine Corps and Japanese Imperial Army Strategy Decks, and look forward to putting them into action for play testing. They generally seem historically reflective of the unique abilities of these troops. The one card in the Japanese deck I find myself not agreeing with, however, is the "Defection." card. Admittedly, I'm only a hobbyist and amateur military historian, but given what I think I know about WWII in the Pacific and Asian theaters, I can't think of a time that U.S. or Commonwealth soldiers would have defected to the Japanese side in the midst of battle. I like the other Japanese cards that cause an opponent's squad to become Pinned or Routed, reflecting a break in morale that would lead to the squad being ineffective (or even dissolving altogether), but I don't quite buy the logic of defection. Maybe I'm missing something important? I'm happy to be wrong!

More
1 year 4 months ago #858 by alecrespi
Replied by alecrespi on topic Game Additions (ToD)

I'm still digesting all this great new content. I spent time recently cropping all the cards so I can have them printed on card stock through Printer's Studio (as I've done with other the ToI Kickstarter cards). I commend you on your great work ensuring these ToD cards have the same look & feel as the base game + expansions! I also appreciate that you've created special "Optional Rules" cards for the Kickstarter bonus booklet content.
Thank you again, I'm indeed satisfied with the final result!

I've also created an online reference section for "Optional Rules"
www.commandsandcolors.net/tideofiron/the.../optional-rules.html

More
1 year 4 months ago #862 by alecrespi
Replied by alecrespi on topic Game Additions (ToD)

At first glance, I really like the new features/abilities in your U.S. Marine Corps and Japanese Imperial Army Strategy Decks, and look forward to putting them into action for play testing. They generally seem historically reflective of the unique abilities of these troops. The one card in the Japanese deck I find myself not agreeing with, however, is the "Defection." card. Admittedly, I'm only a hobbyist and amateur military historian, but given what I think I know about WWII in the Pacific and Asian theaters, I can't think of a time that U.S. or Commonwealth soldiers would have defected to the Japanese side in the midst of battle. I like the other Japanese cards that cause an opponent's squad to become Pinned or Routed, reflecting a break in morale that would lead to the squad being ineffective (or even dissolving altogether), but I don't quite buy the logic of defection. Maybe I'm missing something important? I'm happy to be wrong!
I can understand your point of view James.

They surely need some playtest to eventually fine-tune or change some cards.

US Marine Corps
www.commandsandcolors.net/tideofiron/the...merican-marines.html
Japanese Imperial Army
www.commandsandcolors.net/tideofiron/the...e-imperial-army.html

Time to create page: 1.195 seconds