- An engineer figure may be added to an infantry or tank unit.
- An infantry unit with an engineer figure may move onto a hex with wire and remove the wire from a hex and still battle.
- An infantry unit with an engineer figure, when ordered and the unit is not adjacent to an enemy unit, instead of moving and battling, may fortify its own hex or an adjacent hex for a cost of 2 HQ. Place a fortified position rectangular marker on the hex. Note, some placement restrictions still apply.
- An infantry unit with an engineer figure, instead of moving and battling, when in an adjacent hex to a damaged bridge may repair the damaged bridge. When a damaged bridge is rebuilt, flip the damaged bridge token over to the bridge side.
- A tank unit with an engineer figure will roll 1 additional die to recover a bogged down tank.