Phase 3 - Movement
Movements are announced and made sequentially, one ordered unit at a time, in the sequence of a player’s choice. A player must complete one unit’s movement before beginning another.
- A unit may only move once per turn.
- A unit that is ordered does not have to move.
- Ordered units may move from one section of the battlefield into another.
- A unit may never move onto any of the half-hexes that border the side of the battlefield.
- A unit may only move off the battlefield’s baseline hexes when explicitly allowed in the scenario notes.
- Two units may not occupy the same hex.
- When moving a unit, the unit may not move onto or through a hex occupied by a friendly unit or an enemy unit.
- A unit may not split off individual figures from the unit; they must stay together and always move as a group.
- A unit that is reduced through casualties may not combine with another unit.
- Some terrain features will impact movement and may prevent a unit from moving its full distance or battling.
- Retreat movement rules vary slightly from ordered movement: see the Retreat rules section.
Infantry Unit Movement
An ordered infantry unit may move up to 1 hex and battle, or 2 hexes and not battle.
Machine Gun & Mortar Unit Movement
An ordered machine gun or mortar unit may move 1 hex, but may not battle when it moves.
Reserve Artillery Movement
An ordered reserve artillery battery may not move.