Special Personnel (Exp#2)
- A unit with a special personnel figure will be labeled on a scenario map.
- When a special personnel figure is deployed in a scenario, the special personnel figure is added to a unit when setting up the battle, giving the unit one additional figure.
- A special personnel figure’s pose, and its square base, will identify a special personnel figure in the battlefield unit.
- A special personnel figure must move along with its unit.
- The special personnel figure is not transferable to any other unit.
- The special personnel figure does not count as a figure that can be removed to satisfy losses.
- When a unit with a special personnel figure loses one or more figures in combat, there is a chance that the special personnel figure may also be removed. Your opponent will roll one die to see if the special personnel figure is also removed in addition to the other figures. If the Deadly Die side symbol is rolled, the special personnel figure is also lost and removed from the unit. All other symbols rolled on this check are ignored. When the special personnel figure is lost, the unit no longer will receive the special action of the special personnel figure.
- When a special personnel figure is removed, it will not count as a Victory Medal.
- When the last figure in the unit is eliminated, the special personnel figure is also removed from the battlefield along with the last figure of the unit.
Additional Special Personnel Deployment
Some of scenarios in this expansion already have a number of special personnel figures deployed, but some scenarios will require a player to add additional special personnel figures of a player’s own choosing. The number of additional special personnel figures, if any, a player may deploy for an army is detailed in the scenario’s notes under Personnel.
Official scenarios prior to this expansion will also require players to deploy a number of special personnel figures. Players should refer to the following Scenario Special Personnel Deployment listing. The list recommends the number of special personnel figures to be deployed for each side. Each scenario therefore can be customized by adding a number of special personnel figures of a players own choosing prior to the start of a game. The number listed is in addition to any special personnel bomber figures already deployed in a scenario.
Should players choose to do so and agree prior to a battle, one or more special personnel figures already deployed can be replaced by another type of special personnel figure. The main objective here is to provide you and your gaming buddy the opportunity to try different special personnel combinations.
When additional special personnel figures are being used in a scenario, the following rules must be followed:
- A special personnel figure may be added to any already deployed friendly unit.
- A special personnel figure must be added to the proper parent unit.
- Only one special personnel figure may be added to a unit.
- The player that is moving first in the scenario will add all his special personnel figures to units first.
The Text of the Machine Gun Barrage card states:
All ordered units with machine guns may combat twice (ranged and/or close) and will roll 1 additional die this turn.
Units ordered to combat twice may not move or take ground this turn.
Taken from The Great War - Commands & Colors Series website.
Page title: Machine Gun Barrage - The Great War - Commands & Colors Series
Page link: www.commandsandcolors.net/thegreatwar/th...ine-gun-barrage.html