135 - Colincamps - 26 March 1918
Germany’s 1918 Spring Offensive, Operation Michael, along the Western Front, was a last-ditch attempt for Germany to win the war before American forces entered Europe in large numbers. On March 26, as part of the Battle of Rosières, the Germans tried to capture the village of Colincamps in France, which was on their way to Amiens. Colincamps was held by New Zealand forces, who had forced marched to fill a gap in the British line. The German forces were in the process of outflanking the village when a company of Whippet tanks arrived. The Whippets, which were much lighter and quicker than Mark IVs, were able to drive away two German battalions that were about to enter Colincamps.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Victory Medals: 6
- 1 Medal for each soldier unit eliminated.
- 2 Medals for each tank eliminated.
- The 5 building hexes form a Turn Start Temporary Majority Medal Objective worth 1 Victory Medal for the side that occupies the most buildings. The British player starts with 1 Medal.
- The German forces are racing against time. The British player may take a Victory Medal, instead of taking two command cards, when playing a “Recon” command card.
- There is no No-Man’s-Land shelling roll in this scenario.
- Whippet Tank - Bonus Scenario.