128 - Cambrai (Havrincourt Village) - 20 November 1917
The 62nd Division with G and E battalion tanks had carried most of their first line objective within a couple of hours, including the German trenches in front of Havrincourt. Captain Soltau and remnants of the 84th German Infantry Regiment, however, were still holding the village itself. The British 2nd and 6th Battalions of West Yorkshires attempted to enter the village, but they were driven back by a concentration of machine gun fire. When the British tanks arrived, a male tank under the command of Lieutenant William McElroy drove directly into the village and silenced the German machine guns. The German infantry attempted to rush the tank and although the tank was set on fire, McElroy, still fighting from inside the tank, with the help of a party of British infantry, drove back their attack. With ammunition running low, Captain Soltau, sent his final message back to headquarters, “We are holding out to the last man.”
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Victory Medals: 8
- 1 Medal for each soldier unit eliminated.
- 2 Medals for each British tank eliminated.
- The British forces are racing against time. The German player may take a Victory Medal, instead of taking two command cards, when playing a “Recon” command card.
- The British forces gain 1 Temporary Victory Medal at the start of their turn for each building hex occupied. Place a British medal on the hex at the start of the turn. The medal is retained even when the unit exits the building or is eliminated. The medal is removed from the hex when a German unit reoccupies the building.
- British player does the No-Man’s-Land shelling roll.