125 - Cambrai (Siegfried Stellung Line) - 20 November 1917
After a short bombardment, the 36th Infantry Brigade with Tank Battalion F attacked the German forward line of trenches, south of the village of La Vacquerie. The tanks had no difficulty crushing paths through the belts of wire in this sector and the infantry, that followed closely behind, confidently made their way through the narrow openings in the matted down beds of wire. Once over the first trench line, the tanks turned to the left, to rake the second support trench, while the infantry cleared the first trench of any remaining German resistance.
The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.
Victory Medals: 8
- 1 Medal for each soldier unit eliminated..
- 2 Medals for each British tank eliminated.
- The British forces gain 1 Permanent Victory Medal for each soldier unit that exits the battlefield from the German baseline and 2 Permanent Victory Medals for each tank.
- The British forces gain 1 Temporary Victory Medal at the start of their turn, when one or more British units occupy any German trench hex in the front line, and for the second line, provided the first trench is also occupied by one or more units.
- The British forces are racing against time. The German player may take a Victory Medal, instead of taking two command cards, when playing a “Recon” command card.
- British player does the No-Man’s-Land shelling roll.
- Kickstarter - Bonus Scenario.
Maybe add 5 mortar figures to make up the extra. I'd tend to swap 1 mortar figure with an infantry figure on the Infantry units in the open, likely enough German Artillery will rectify the problem quite quickly.